PITTSBURGH, April 30, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
WHAT: Western Pennsylvanian community leaders, social service organizations, labor unions, small business owners and faith leaders join together to call on UPMC to return to the negotiating table, expressing concern that the region can't afford any disruption in access to UPMC hospitals and physicians.
WHEN: Monday, April 30, 2012
TIME: Event begins at 11:00 a.m.
WHERE: Market Square, Downtown Pittsburgh
EXPECTED PARTICIPANTS/SPEAKERS INCLUDE:
- Leo W. Gerard, President, USW International
- Anne Nalepa, Life Skills Specialist, Three Rivers Center for Independent Living (TRCIL)
- Robert Sproule, President, Out of the Blue Retirees
- Neal Bisno, President, SEIU Healthcare PA
- Sister Carolyn Winschel, Executive Director, Providence Connections
- Pastor Kurtley Knight, Hillcrest Seventh Day Adventist Church
- Diana Ames, Mental Health Association of Northwestern PA
The Coalition for Health Care Choice is an alliance of community leaders, businesses, health care providers, unions and retirees in Western Pennsylvania that have come together with one mission: to preserve the consumers' freedom to make health care choices.
SOURCE Coalition for Health Care Choice