TEANECK, N.J., Oct. 25, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Cognizant (NASDAQ: CTSH) today announced it has been named to the "Winner's Circle" in the new HfS Research Blueprint Report: Intelligent Automation 2016 for its vision and investment in the evolution of intelligent automation, its automation tools and platforms strategy, and delivery of services. HfS Research is a leading independent global analyst firm for the business and IT services industry.
The Blueprint Report analyzes the capabilities of 20 leading intelligent automation service providers. Each provider is rated on a number of criteria in equally weighted categories of innovation and execution. Providers named to the "Winner's Circle" are defined by HfS as showing "competitive differentiation in a particular line of delivery with progress in realizing the as-a-service economy of business-outcome-oriented, on-demand talent and technology services."
Cognizant is recognized in the Blueprint Report as a "global system integrator with (a) thought-leading automation incubator driving a broad set of differentiating capabilities," including the flexibility to deliver end-to-end and point solutions, and the ability to increase value for clients over the contract life cycle. Other specific strengths and capabilities highlighted regarding Cognizant's intelligent automation offerings include:
- Acting as a reference point for thought leadership – Robust thought leadership is providing broad visibility among stakeholders. Cognizant's automation team, within its Emerging Business Accelerator, is at the vanguard of educating the marketplace on the implications of automation.
- Deep entrenchment with innovative tool providers – Cognizant has a structured approach to screen the innovation in intelligent automation, using its vendor agnostic SmartSystems Alliance for a deep understanding of the competitive landscape. The company pursues a blend of third-party and proprietary tools and platforms including HPA (from Cognizant's acquisition of TriZetto), and Automatika.
- Dedicated intelligent automation consulting services – Cognizant provides consulting services that are pre-configured and rapidly deployable for clients to realize faster implementation and quicker ROI.
- Integration into as-a-service assets – Cognizant offers a Smart Metering solution powered by the Internet of Things and built on the Pega platform, as well as a Broker Assistant chatbot to automate broker interactions; these are examples of Cognizant's integration of intelligent automation into as-a-service assets.
- Deep entrenchment in healthcare – Cognizant's HPA platform extends robotic process automation capabilities to artificial intelligence and machine learning, while leveraging broader assets such as TriZetto and vertical-specific business process-as-a-service offerings.
"With this intelligent automation Blueprint, we focused specifically on how leading service providers are not only orchestrating diverse sets of automation within the context of service delivery, but also proactively transforming the process for clients," said Tom Reuner, Research Vice President at HfS Research. "Cognizant specifically stands out for their integration of leading external and proprietary cognitive platforms and products, automation-tailored consulting and integration services, and process-specific industry solutions. Intelligent automation plays an integral role in how Cognizant delivers core front, middle and back office services and is a central component for strategic imperatives such as delivering next-gen IT systems and platform-based industry solutions," Reuner concluded.
"Enterprises across industries have vast opportunities to apply intelligent automation to improve business processes, accelerate outcomes, increase agility and enable greater innovation," said Sean Middleton, President of the Emerging Business Accelerator at Cognizant. "Even more compelling is the impact intelligent automation is having on how people work within an organization – they are more empowered to do what humans do well – to think creatively, solve abstract problems, and engage with clients and coworkers in smarter, more productive ways than ever before possible."
Middleton added, "Cognizant's strategy with intelligent automation is to complement the rapidly emerging and changing platforms and products in this market, many of which are disrupting existing business models. We offer a suite of platforms, tools, frameworks and accelerators – in essence, a platform for platforms. Our unified intelligent automation framework facilitates open assimilation between commercial products and platforms, as well as our internal cognitive technologies, providing unique value adds such as enterprise interconnections, accelerators and domain specific components. We're pleased HfS has recognized Cognizant in the 'Winner's Circle' for our differentiated approach and our leadership role in helping clients realize tangible benefits of intelligent automation today – as well as positioning for the future."
Read a summary of the HfS Research Blueprint Report: Intelligent Automation here.
About HfS Research
HfS Research is The Services Research Company™—the leading analyst authority and global community for business operations and IT services. The firm helps enterprises validate their global operating models with world-class research and peer networking. HfS Research coined the term The As-a-Service Economy to illustrate the challenges and opportunities facing enterprises needing to re-architect their operations to thrive in an age of digital disruption, while grappling with an increasingly complex global business environment. HfS created the Eight Ideals of Being As-a-Service as a guiding framework to help service buyers and providers address these challenges and seize the initiative.
Cognizant (NASDAQ: CTSH) is a leading provider of information technology, consulting, and business process services, dedicated to helping the world's leading companies build stronger businesses. Headquartered in Teaneck, New Jersey (U.S.), Cognizant combines a passion for client satisfaction, technology innovation, deep industry and business process expertise, and a global, collaborative workforce that embodies the future of work. With over 100 development and delivery centers worldwide and approximately 244,300 employees as of June 30, 2016, Cognizant is a member of the NASDAQ-100, the S&P 500, the Forbes Global 2000, and the Fortune 500 and is ranked among the top performing and fastest growing companies in the world. Visit us online at www.cognizant.com or follow us on Twitter: Cognizant.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/cognizant-named-to-winners-circle-for-intelligent-automation-in-new-hfs-research-report-300349996.html