BRISBANE, Calif., April 30, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- CollabNet® (www.collab.net), a global leader for Enterprise Cloud Development and Agile ALM products and services, today unveiled its new corporate strategy to support the enterprise adoption of hybrid cloud development and deployment. It is the culmination of 12 years of development vision, innovation and community-building to better connect teams, processes and tools, both on premise and in private and public clouds. In addition to launching its new strategy, corporate website and a host of thought leadership content around Enterprise Cloud Development, CollabNet today launched CloudForge™, the industry's first enterprise-grade development-Platform-as-a-Service (dPaaS), and also integrated CloudForge into its on-premise TeamForge® and Subversion Edge products.
"The information technology sector, and the software development industry in particular, is rapidly evolving into a mix of Agile, DevOps and hybrid cloud practices to accelerate application development and deployment," said Bill Portelli, co-founder and CEO for CollabNet. "Enterprise Cloud Development is the evolution of basic cloud development, as it enables enterprises to extend their internal IT practices to the external cloud in a flexible and hybrid nature by leveraging existing systems and embracing new platforms. Our customers are telling us that their software engineering processes must be enhanced to introduce new spans of control as their teams adopt hybrid cloud development and deployment."
As part of its corporate alignment to support Enterprise Cloud Development, CollabNet unveiled its new website that includes a series of online presentations, and is sponsoring an IDG TechCast called "What you need to know about Enterprise Cloud Development." The TechCast is available for immediate viewing and includes videos of CollabNet executives, partners and industry influencers, a white paper and animated video scribe outlining five practical steps to incorporate cloud development into Agile and DevOps practices.
To register for CollabNet's free webinar on Enterprise Cloud Development, please visit: (http://visit.collab.net/ecdevent.html).
Follow this link (http://www.collab.net/ecd) for useful content:
- Online presentations of CollabNet executives, partners and industry influencers.
- Download the 5 Steps to Enterprise Cloud Development white paper.
- View the Enterprise Cloud Development animated video scribe.
Follow these links to:
- Try the free beta of CloudForge at (http://cloudforge.com/try).
- Visit CollabNet's new website at (www.collab.net)
Industry research shows that cloud development is quickly working its way into the overall enterprise IT mix. For instance, a 2011 study conducted by Saugatuck Technology indicated that "75 percent of all companies will be doing some of their development in the cloud in 2012, and an average of 50 percent of new software deployments worldwide will be made in the cloud by the end of 2014."
Based on its years of experience and patterns of customer success, CollabNet has outlined a blueprint containing five practical steps to guide organizations on their path to Enterprise Cloud Development as they adopt hybrid cloud IT into the application development and deployment lifecycle. The steps include: 1) embrace the cloud for centralizing access and visibility to tools and processes; 2) create a robust coding community to encourage reuse; 3) codify development processes by standardizing tools, workflows and processes; 4) automate DevOps practices; and 5) take a hybrid approach by leveraging public and on-premise private cloud resources in a secure, compliant and optimal way.
To deliver customer and industry value, CollabNet's Enterprise Cloud Development strategy is strengthened by three new product offerings:
- The launch of CloudForge: CollabNet's next-generation dPaaS is built from the previously acquired Codesion® public cloud hosting platform, and meets the needs of professional teams throughout the entire organization. It helps developers and IT managers instantly develop and deploy software using a hybrid mix of tools, application frameworks and deployment clouds – all with enterprise security and compliance in place.
- Standardizing Enterprise Cloud Development for the industry: CloudForge adds unique capabilities for its users, and creates new dPaaS business opportunities for third-parties through its new App Center. By offering complimentary, best-of-breed development and deployment services, including Cloud Foundry and SOASTA, users gain integrated functionality and platform partners can directly access CollabNet's more than 10,000 customers. It also helps CollabNet rapidly expand its menu of services offered within the CloudForge user interface.
- ALM and SCM hybrid cloud services: Initially, CloudForge Cloud Services will be available to customers with on-premise deployments of Subversion Edge and TeamForge. A new Subversion Edge CloudBackup service now provides seamless Subversion data archiving, redundancy and migration capabilities for any on-premise user of Subversion Edge or TeamForge, without leaving their own desktop environment. Later in the year, additional hybrid cloud services will be available in TeamForge and Subversion Edge, such as elastic server provisioning for build, test and deployment.
"Software development is changing, due in part to the growth of cloud computing. Smaller teams are taking the lead with cloud-based development, and in turn proving value and gaining the attention of executives responsible for the bottom-line," said Ben Kepes, principal at research firm Diversity Analysis. "As enterprise IT looks to cloud development, offerings such as CollabNet's, that provide the foundation for companies to embrace the cloud in a manner that integrates into and extends existing development processes, will be seen as the best way of ensuring efficiency and effectiveness."
Share this story via Twitter: @CollabNet launches new #cloud #software #development for the #enterprise. Learn more today at www.collab.net/ecd
CollabNet is a leading provider of Enterprise Cloud Development and Agile ALM products and services for software-driven organizations. With more than 10,000 global customers, the company provides a suite of platforms and services to address three major trends disrupting the software industry: Agile, DevOps and hybrid cloud development. Its CloudForge™ development-Platform-as-a-Service (dPaaS) enables cloud development through a flexible platform that is team friendly, enterprise ready and integrated to support leading third party tools. The CollabNet TeamForge® ALM, ScrumWorks® Pro project management and Subversion Edge source code management platforms can be deployed separately or together, in the cloud or on-premise. CollabNet complements its technical offerings with industry leading consulting and training services for Agile and cloud development transformations. Many CollabNet customers improve productivity by as much as 70 percent, while reducing costs by 80 percent. For more information, please visit (www.collab.net).
CollabNet, TeamForge, and ScrumWorks are registered trademarks of CollabNet, Inc. CloudForge is a trademark of CollabNet, Inc. Subversion is a registered trademark of the Apache Software Foundation. Other names may be trademarks of their respective holders.