DENVER, March 3, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- While skiers and snowboarders continue to enjoy Colorado's powder well into spring, many areas in Colorado embrace the beginning of spring with the debut of new attractions and exciting festivals celebrating everything from music and mountain biking to food, wine and more. Below is a sampling of some of the many ways visitors can begin to celebrate spring in Colorado.
Events and Festivals
- FestEVOL in Crested Butte (March 26). Top touring and recording artists O.A.R. will headline the first ever FestEVOL, a new mountain lifestyle event in Crested Butte to include live music, organic food sampling and more. www.skicb.com/festevol
- Spring Back To Vail (April 15-24). Vail's epic event to mark the end of its ski season and celebrating the beginning of the spring season includes free concerts from national headlining music acts such as Train and Stephen Marley and the now famous World Pond Skimming Championships. www.springbacktovail.com
- New Belgium Brewing Fruita Fat Tire Festival (April 28-May 1). Experience some of Colorado's best mountain biking, check out the latest products from the best in the bike industry, join road rides through the Colorado National Monument and more. www.fruitamountainbike.com
- Taste of Pearl (May 1). Enjoy food and Colorado's award-winning wines from Boulder chefs and restaurants while strolling down the beautiful Pearl Street Mall. www.boulderdowntown.com
- Estes Park Jazz Fest & Art Walk (May 14-15). Estes Park ushers in springtime and celebrates its unofficial kick-off to summer with two days of jazz, arts and culture. www.visitestespark.com
- Downtown Grand Junction Art & Jazz Festival (May 6-8). Grand Junction's Main Street will be filled with jazz music performed by local and national acts and artists and galleries will display unique works of art. www.downtowngj.org
Sample Spring Travel Packages
- The Family That Stays Together... The Inn on Fall River in Estes Park is offering a "Get Away Together" family package, which includes two nights in a two bedroom cabin, snowshoeing, a wildlife tour or a photography safari plus hot cocoa and S'mores. Package cost is $480 available through May 19. www.InnonFallRiver.com
- Plan a Colorado Springs Getaway. The Broadmoor Hotel is offering a Spring Break Getaway package from March 1-April 30, 2011. Starting at $90 per person, per night (a 40 percent savings) enjoy accommodations at The Broadmoor; 50 percent discount at the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo; 15 percent discount on retail purchases; complimentary spa day pass and access to The Broadmoor Movie Theater. www.broadmoor.com
- Boulder Ski Escape. Now through April 17, the Boulder area offers spring escapes for as little as $67.50 per person at nearly every hotel in Boulder. The package offers accommodations and ski lift tickets at Eldora Mountain. www.boulderskiescape.com
For more information or a copy of the 2011 Colorado Official State Vacation Guide, visit www.COLORADO.com or call 800-COLORADO.
Contact: Carly Grimes / 720-289-9366, firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Colorado Tourism Office