HONG KONG, June 6, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
The ZTE Open C will be the first phone with the latest update to Firefox OS, offering many new features including direct music player access from the lock screen or notifications bar and advanced Bluetooth sharing, allowing multiple files to be transferred simultaneously. Users can now navigate the phone quicker with smart collections which automatically arrange apps or app searches into categories, enhanced scrolling performance and faster system app (e.g. calendar, address book, camera) startup times.
ZTE Open C Supports Android 4.4 KitKat Reflashed
Android 4.4 refines a polished platform even further and shows a real commitment to getting the basics right.
- Fast and frictionless
- New productivity options
- Improved Google Now
KitKat is super-smooth, the UI is refined and elegant, there are improvements to the long-neglected calling and messaging side of the platform, a new focus on productivity, and your fortune-telling digital assistant is brought front and centre as Google Now reaches maturity.
How to reflash the Firefox OS to Android 4.4 KitKat? (Click here to see videos)
- Download Android 4.4 KitKat ROM (Click)
- Copy the file to a Micro SD card
- Insert the Micro SD card to the phone
- Make sure the handset is powered off
- Long press Power button and Volume+ at the same time until switches into recovery mode
- Short press volume-, select "apply update from SD card"
- Short press power button and then volume-, and select "FFOS+to+Android.zip"
Note: If you want to recover the system to Firefox OS, download the Firefox OS ROM here.
ZTE Open C can be purchased on ComeBuy.