DALLAS, Oct. 27 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- When "Toy Story 3" hits Blockbuster® on Tuesday, November 2, the movie entertainment company will celebrate the much-anticipated nationwide release by taking fans "to infinity and beyond." The launch will include the opportunity for customers to attend "Toy Story 3" after-school events hosted by Blockbuster in 15 select markets across the country.
"'Toy Story 3' was a huge hit this year. It's the number-one animated movie of all time with box office sales greater than $400 million," said Joyce Woodward, senior vice president of film at Blockbuster. "Adults and children loved this movie and will want to rent and own it. We're very excited to have 'Toy Story 3' available in our Blockbuster stores, kiosks and By Mail in time for the holiday season."
In addition to being available at Blockbuster stores, kiosks and By Mail at www.blockbuster.com, "Toy Story 3" official merchandise including pens, key chains and the new Disney Toy Story Scene It game will also be available in all stores to celebrate the release.
According to Woodward, the after-school events are Blockbuster's way of bringing another kind of movie experience to "Toys Story 3" and Blockbuster fans. "We love movies and think it's fun to find ways for our customers and employees to bring to life their favorite characters, like Buzz Lightyear and Woody, from the movies they enjoy. 'Toy Story 3' is perfect for this."
The events will be Tuesday, November 2 at select store locations. Event activities may include character look-alike contests, face painting, balloon artists, games, music and prizes. Participating stores include:
- New York: 701 W. Montauk Highway, West Babylon, NY 11704
- Los Angeles: 600 Redondo Avenue, Long Beach, CA 90814
- Chicago: 3204 S. State Route 59, Naperville, IL, 60564
- Philadelphia: 500 Route 38 West, Cherry Hill, NJ 08002
- Dallas: 5960 West Parker Road, Suite 298, Plano, TX 75231
- San Francisco: 2202 S. Shore Center, Alameda, CA 94501
- Boston: 562 Turnpike Street North, Andover, MA 01845
- Atlanta: 6660 Roswell Road, Atlanta, GA 30328
- Washington, D.C.: 815 Rockville Pike, Rockville, MD 20852
- Houston: 6887 Highway 6, Houston, TX 77084
- Detroit 27942 Woodward Avenue, Royal Oak, MI 48067
- Phoenix: 4902 E. Shea Boulevard, Scottsdale, AZ 85254
- Seattle: 3819 Bridgeport Way West, Tacoma, WA 98466
- Orlando: 7536 Dr. Phillips Boulevard, Suite 300, Orlando, FL 32819
- Cleveland: 4517 Mayfield Road, South Euclid, OH 44121
For more information about after-school event details, fans should contact their local Blockbuster location.
Blockbuster Inc. is a leading global provider of rental and retail movie and game entertainment. The company provides customers with convenient access to media entertainment anywhere, any way they want it – whether in-store, by-mail, through vending kiosks or digitally to their homes and mobile devices. With a highly recognized brand and a library of more than 125,000 movie and game titles, Blockbuster leverages its multichannel presence to serve nearly 47 million global customers annually. The company may be accessed worldwide at www.blockbuster.com.