VALLEY COTTAGE, New York, August 16, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
An exhaustive market evaluation put forth by Future Market Insights on the small molecule API market in a new research study titled "Small Molecule API Market: Global Industry Analysis 2012-2016 & Opportunity Assessment 2017-2027" focusses on the demand from in-house production as well as outsourced API production. The market research involves analyses on various grounds covering all the major geographies with an excellent forecast model that portrays the global market picture 10 years down the line.
Global Small Molecule API Market: Regional Insights
The APEJ region shows a high growth to register a CAGR of 5.8% during the forecast period, followed by Japan, Western Europe, North America and Eastern Europe. The main reason for this growth in the APEJ region can be attributed to the outsourcing of APIs done on a large scale. Top contributors in the APEJ region are China and India, which exhibit the highest production of API. In India the local consumption is also high making it more essential to focus on higher manufacturing of APIs. China stands first in the line as far as growth is concerned, followed by India and rest of APEJ. Moreover, the easy availability of raw materials needed to manufacture APIs coupled with low labour cost fuel the growth of the small molecule API market in the APEJ region. Moreover, the distribution network of companies in China and India manufacturing APIs is strong in the overseas market, especially in South Africa, United States, and Europe.
Request a Sample Report with Table of Contents and Figures: http://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/sample/rep-gb-4591
Global Small Molecule API Market: Segment-wise Highlights
- The high potency API (HPAPI) segment by molecule is poised to show higher growth rate during the period of forecast as compared to the standard API. However, as of 2017, the standard API dominates the market in terms of revenue. The HPAPI (High Potency API) is anticipated to register a CAGR of 7.6% during the period of forecast
- The Oncology Segment by therapeutic area is expected to grow at a higher rate during the period of forecast. Neurology and urology segments reflect similar growth patterns and are poised to grow at an equal pace in the forecast period. However, the infectious diseases segment by therapeutic area will experience sluggish growth throughout the 2017-2027 period
- Outsourced segment by production will grow at a robust rate to reflect a 6.4% CAGR during the period of forecast. The Asia Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ) region is the main contributor for this segment to grow, as many companies in the developing countries of China and India manufacture APIs on a large scale and outsource them
- In terms of application, the commercial segment will dominate in terms of value and register a CAGR of 5.0% during the forecast period
Trends and Drivers Impacting the Overall Growth Rate of the Market
The report covers all the drivers and trends that influence global market growth during the 2017-2027 period. Few of these are highlighted below.
- The high growth rate of HPAPI is a key driver fuelling the global market growth during the period of forecast
- Many pharmerging countries are being explored as alternative destinations for sourcing
- The increased sourcing of APIs from U.S based Indian pharmaceutical manufacturers
- Increase in investments thereby facilitating an increase in in-house production of APIs
- The current strong demand for CMO/CDMO services is driven by a number of factors, which include a robust industry pipeline, the ability to raise public and private financing, and successful market approvals
- Growing demand for Quality-by-Design (QBD) services
- Rapid increase in the Indian generics market will aid regional market growth
Preview Analysis on Global Small Molecule API Market Segmentation Molecule - Standard API, High Potency API; Production - Captive/In-House, Outsourced; Application - Clinical, Commercial; Therapeutic Area - Cardiovascular Diseases, Respiratory Disorders, Infectious Diseases, Metabolic Disorders, Oncology, Immunology, Neurology, Urology, Dermatology, Ophthalmology, General Health, Others: http://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/small-molecule-api-market
Competitive Landscape: Tier Companies and their Analysis
The report on the global small molecule API market presents a detailed analysis of the leading companies involved in this market. Some of the top companies profiled in the report are Johnson Matthey, Siegfried Holding AG, Pfizer, Sanofi S.A, Novartis AG, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH, GlaxoSmithKline PLC, Albany Molecular Research Inc., Bachem Holding AG, PCAS, Patheon N.V, AstraZeneca, Johnson & Johnson, Merck & Co. Inc., BASF SE, Catalent Inc., Teva Pharmaceuticals, F. Hoffman-La Roche Ltd., Cambrex Corporation and Gilead Sciences Inc.
More from FMI's Cutting-edge Intelligence:
- Medical Bionic Implants and Exoskeletons Market Taxonomy By Product - Bionic Forelimbs/Hand Bionics (Wrist Bionics, Bionic Elbow Braces, Bionic Limbs, Bionic Fingers), Bionic Legs/Lower Limbs (Bionic Knee Braces, Ankle Bionics, Bionic Foot Below Knee), Bionic Exoskeletons And Suits; By Mode - Prosthetic Bionics, External Bionics: http://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/medical-bionic-implants-and-exoskeletons-market
- Orthopaedic Imaging Equipment Market Segmentation By Product Type - X-Ray System, CT-Scanner, MRI System, EOS Imaging Systems, Ultrasound, Nuclear Imaging Systems; By Indication - Acute injuries (Sports Injuries, Fracture, Bone Dislocation), Chronic Disorders (Osteoarthritis, Osteoporosis, Prolapsed Disc, Degenerative Joint Disease); By End User - Hospitals, Radiology Centres, Emergency Care Facility, Ambulatory Surgical Centres: http://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/orthopaedic-imaging-market
- Microfluidics Market Segmentation By Material Type - Polymer (Polyvinyl chloride (PVC), Non-polyvinyl chloride), Glass, Silicon, Metal, Ceramics; By Application Type - Point of care testing, Clinical Diagnostics, Drug Delivery, Analytical Testing (Genomics, Proteomics, Cell Based Analysis); By Industry - Pharmaceuticals, In-vitro Diagnostics, Environmental Research, Life Science Research, Clinical Diagnostics: http://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/microfluidics-market
Future Market Insights (FMI) is a leading market intelligence and consulting firm. We deliver syndicated research reports, custom research reports and consulting services which are personalized in nature. FMI delivers a complete packaged solution, which combines current market intelligence, statistical anecdotes, technology inputs, valuable growth insights and an aerial view of the competitive framework and future market trends.
616 Corporate Way, Suite 2-9018,
Valley Cottage, NY 10989,
T (UK): +44(0)20-7692-8790
Press Office: Press@futuremarketinsights.com
FMI Blog: http://www.fmiblog.com/
SOURCE Future Market Insights