OCEANPORT, N.J., Aug. 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- CommVault (NASDAQ: CVLT) today announced new Simpana® cloud management capabilities and Simpana Solution Sets designed to transform how companies of all sizes protect, manage and maximize the value of business information amidst a rising tide of data and compliance requirements.
As enterprises deploy private and hybrid clouds to increase business agility, the new Simpana Solution Sets are designed to speed cloud adoption and data center modernization by delivering next-generation software innovations. Supporting mobile productivity and improved self-service access, the Simpana Solution Sets help customers lower cost and reduce risk with enhanced data and information management for all leading cloud, hypervisor and storage platforms.
With its industry-leading support of the most cloud storage platforms, CommVault has added capabilities for Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure that include robust cloud reporting as well as end user self-service provisioning, recovery, software snapshots and virtual machine resource management.
"CommVault recognized the trend toward cloud computing very early on and has made significant investments in cloud computing over the past seven years. Today, we are the leading supplier for over 200 managed service and cloud providers," said CommVault CEO Bob Hammer. "Our extensive experience providing leading data and information management capabilities helps our customers as they transition to cloud-based and managed service-based environments. We make it easier and more cost effective for businesses to achieve data management, compliance and mobile computing objectives."
Simpana Software Solution Sets for any Infrastructure The new Simpana solution sets can be individually deployed or combined as part of a comprehensive data protection and information management solution. The following new and cloud-enhanced Simpana Solution Sets are available worldwide today:
Simpana for VM Backup, Recovery and Cloud Management enables virtual machine administrators and end users to build, protect and optimize virtualized and cloud infrastructure.
- In contrast to point solutions that only back up VMs, Simpana software enables application owners and tenants to manage their own VM provisioning, management, backup, recovery, retirement and archiving operations through a single interface across platforms. These include Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Hyper-V and VMware and Citrix XenServer.
- Pricing is available with new licensing options of per socket or per 10-VM pack. Unlike competitive offerings, the Simpana VM solution set includes metrics reporting, global deduplication, and deduplication-aware replication, instant VM recovery, and 1 year of maintenance.
Simpana IntelliSnap® Recovery unifies and streamlines application-aware hardware snapshot, replication and recovery to make data assets fully available as size and complexity grow.
- Customers can automatically manage hardware-based snapshots for the largest physical and virtualized application infrastructures.
- New Simpana software integration for arrays and applications, including NetApp, HDS and Oracle.
- Pricing for data protection snapshot, replication and remote services options are based on usable capacity or array-attached bundles.
Simpana for Endpoint Data Protection helps protect and enable the mobile workforce by efficiently backing-up devices and providing secure access and self-service search capabilities.
- New features for secure file and folder sharing, data loss prevention and device upload support secure data protection and collaboration.
- Reduce risk and costs with integrated eDiscovery and legal hold across all managed data.
- Endpoint backup, file sharing and search solutions are licensed per user.
Simpana for Email Archive increases productivity, reduces compliance risk, and improves insights by integrating self-service access, simplified eDiscovery and legal hold, and cost-effective long-term retention.
- Built-in analytics improve storage planning and decision-making for email archiving policies.
- The new solution set can be deployed in on-premises, private or hybrid cloud environments, with support for Microsoft Office 365, Outlook, and Exchange and IBM Lotus Notes.
- Email Archive is licensed per mailbox and includes flexible archive, search and compliance options.
In addition to new licensing options, traditional capacity licensing is also available. More information on new features, functionality and pricing can found in the Simpana Solution Set Fact Sheet.
- Ryan Sinnwell, Infrastructure Manager, The Weitz Company: "Our business depends on being able to mobilize new project sites remotely within 7-14 days, while being able to overcome the challenge of controlling costs related to transient IT operations at these locations. CommVault enabled us to keep project costs low by consolidating equipment through a comprehensive approach to VM protection and enabled us to maximize the value of existing IT resources through flexibility in choosing our hardware."
- Dave Simpson, Senior Analyst, Storage for The451 Group: "Today's data management complexities, particularly the adoption of cloud technologies, are prompting more enterprises to look for ways to quickly and easily modernize their environments. CommVault's new, modular approach allows customers to address specific pain points, with the flexibility to upgrade to the full Simpana software suite. Specifically, the new snapshot recovery offering will be of interest to organizations looking to get the most value from their existing storage arrays and meet increasingly stringent SLAs, as the adoption of snapshot and replication technology accelerates to replace traditional data protection methodologies."
- Jason Buffington, Senior Data Protection Analyst at the Enterprise Strategy Group "CommVault has been a leader among heterogeneous data protection solutions for years, having continually evolved its platform across backup, archive, replication and snapshotting scenarios for a myriad of production assets. By offering a modular approach for consuming the breadth of capabilities in the Simpana solution set, customers can start with their most pressing data protection modernization needs and grow into the rest of the Simpana platform as other aspects of their IT environment need better protection."
- Subscribe to CommVault RSS feeds
- Follow CommVault on Twitter
- Follow CommVault on Facebook
- Watch CommVault videos on YouTube
About CommVault A singular vision — a belief in a better way to address current and future data management needs — guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unprecedented control over data growth, costs and risk. CommVault's Simpana® software suite of products was designed to work together seamlessly from the ground up, sharing a single code and common function set, to deliver superlative Data Protection, Archive, Replication, Search and Resource Management capabilities. More companies every day join those who have discovered the unparalleled efficiency, performance, reliability, and control only CommVault can offer. Information about CommVault is available at http://www.commvault.com. CommVault's corporate headquarters is located in Oceanport, New Jersey in the United States.
Safe Harbor Statement Customers' results may differ materially from those stated herein; CommVault does not guarantee that all customers can achieve benefits similar to those stated above. This press release may contain forward-looking statements, including statements regarding financial projections, which are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as competitive factors, difficulties and delays inherent in the development, manufacturing, marketing and sale of software products and related services, general economic conditions and others. Statements regarding CommVault's beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions regarding the future are forward-looking statements, within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. All such forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results may differ materially from anticipated results. CommVault does not undertake to update its forward-looking statements. The development and timing of any product release as well as any of its features or functionality remain at our sole discretion.
©1999-2014 CommVault Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. CommVault, CommVault and logo, the "CV" logo, CommVault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Simpana OnePass, CommVault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, Quick Snap, QSnap, IntelliSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, ROMS, CommVault Edge, and CommValue are trademarks or registered trademarks of CommVault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.