- CommVault® Simpana® 9 software has been named the winner of the Deduplication Product of the Year in Storage Magazine's 2011 Storage Awards (Storries VIII).
- The Storage Awards recognize outstanding products, services and people as judged by Storage Magazine readers. This year's awards saw a record-breaking 6,500 readers vote, with over 32,000 votes cast, representing another record. Winners were announced at The Grand Connaught Rooms, London.
- A full list of winners can be found on the Storage Awards website.
Tweet This: @CommVault #Simpana 9 software named #Deduplication Product of the Year in Storage Magazine UK's Storries VIII Awards http://bit.ly/ns9LGx
Simpana® 9 Software and Data Deduplication
- CommVault continues to lead the industry in delivering innovative technologies that address pressing IT challenges. By integrating source and target-side deduplication into a singular, unified data management platform, Simpana 9 software provides best-in-class performance to dramatically reduce time-to-backup and the impact on your overall environment.
- Source-side deduplication eliminates redundant backup and archive data at the client before sending it across networks, servers and storage. Users can easily extend file deduplication reduction globally, across thousands of clients having different retention requirements. This all adds up to shorter backup windows, lower management costs, and more robust, reliable data protection.
- With Simpana 9 deduplication, users can significantly improve their backup performance and protect themselves from the perils and costs associated with hardware vendor lock-in and can expect to reduce the amount of backup and archive data stored to disk, tape, or the cloud by as much as 90 percent.
- CommVault was the first backup and recovery software provider to fully integrate deduplication into a single software solution. Building on its leadership in this area, Simpana 9 software expands deduplication benefits to address real bottlenecks by bringing efficiencies as close to the source as possible.
Steven Rose, EMEA VP at CommVault
- "We are honored that Simpana 9 has been recognized by end users for its ability to extend the benefits of data deduplication across the enterprise. With fully integrated modules for backup and recovery, archiving, replication, search and eDiscovery, all managed from a single console, CommVault's unique approach to modern data management can reduce costs, use fewer network resources, shorten backup windows, and eliminate lock-in associated with appliance-based approaches. This win is yet further proof from actual users that Simpana software helps transform the way enterprise data is managed and protected."
- CommVault® Simpana® 9 Software http://www.commvault.com/products.html
- More on Simpana® 9 and Data Deduplication http://www.commvault.com/solutions-deduplication.html
- More on CommVault Backup and Recovery http://www.commvault.com/products-backup-recovery.html
- More CommVault news http://news.commvault.com/
- Subscribe to CommVault RSS feeds: http://news.commvault.com/rss-feeds.asp
- Follow CommVault on Twitter: http://twitter.com/CommVault
- Follow CommVault on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/CommVault
For more information about CommVault visit http://www.commvault.com.
A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unprecedented control over data growth, costs and risk. CommVault's Simpana® software suite of products was designed to work together seamlessly from the ground up, sharing a single code and common function set, to deliver superlative Data Protection, Archive, Replication, Search and Resource Management capabilities. More companies every day join those who have discovered the unparalleled efficiency, performance, reliability, and control only CommVault can offer. Information about CommVault is available at www.commvault.com. CommVault's corporate headquarters is located in Oceanport, New Jersey in the United States.
Safe Harbor Statement
Customers' results may differ materially from those stated herein; CommVault does not guarantee that all customers can achieve benefits similar to those stated above. This press release may contain forward-looking statements, including statements regarding financial projections, which are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as competitive factors, difficulties and delays inherent in the development, manufacturing, marketing and sale of software products and related services, general economic conditions and others. Statements regarding CommVault's beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions regarding the future are forward-looking statements, within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. All such forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results may differ materially from anticipated results. CommVault does not undertake to update its forward-looking statements.
©1999-2011 CommVault Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. CommVault, CommVault and logo, the "CV" logo, CommVault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, CommVault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, Quick Snap, QSnap, SnapProtect, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, ROMS, and CommValue are trademarks or registered trademarks of CommVault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.