READING, England, Oct. 18, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- CommVault (NASDAQ: CVLT) is partnering with UK-based IT solution provider Softcat to launch its Service Provider License Agreement (SPLA) programme. With its attractive pricing model and easy on-ramp, the SPLA programme lowers barriers to entry, providing Managed Service Providers (MSPs) access to the award-winning Simpana® software on a monthly pay-per-use model to simply and conveniently address customers' modern data and information management needs.
- CommVault is launching a new Service Provider License Agreement programme in the UK and Ireland based on an agreement signed with UK-based Softcat.
- The agreement leverages Softcat's expertise in software and MSPs to deliver the benefits of CommVault's latest Simpana software on a flexible subscription basis to MSPs.
- With the new programme, MSPs will be able to build their own on-premises or hosted services powered by Simpana software to deliver data protection, disaster recovery, archiving and search/compliance services. Softcat will handle all MSP subscription licensing for Simpana software through a simplified agreement to help get them to market faster.
- As the first of several CommVault SPLA programmes to be rolled out across EMEA, the Softcat agreement builds on Softcat's existing service provider licensing partnerships with Microsoft and VMware to provide MSPs a 'one stop shop' for their hosted needs including platform, virtualisation and now data and information management.
Tweet this: @CommVault inks deal with #Softcat, launches new service provider licensing programme in UK and Ireland http://bit.ly/nIwBgE
Licensing Program Provides Support, Training and Design Services to MSPs
- CommVault SPLA licenses include around the clock access to CommVault's industry leading support services to help MSPs maintain 24x7 operations and maintain service levels.
- Fast roll-out times are ensured by comprehensive training programmes offered in a way that is most convenient to the MSP. Modules are available on-site, in a classroom environment or available for free online.
- CommVault's global professional services team is also available to partners that require help with design or implementation.
- MSPs signing a SPLA agreement also gain access to the CommVault PartnerAdvantage Programme and the associated benefits.
Optimising Storage Environments with Award-Winning Simpana Software
CommVault software is the ideal choice for an MSP with benefits that include:
- Operational Cost Control. Simpana software's singular platform shares heterogeneous storage infrastructure across backup, archive and replication and is managed from a single console.
- Future Investment Protection. The modular product offering allows users to implement and manage backup applications first and then add functionality to address disaster recovery, archiving and eDiscovery over time, scaling up to many thousands of servers.
- Increased Efficiencies. Enterprise class, multi-tenant architecture offers built-in data compression and deduplication across backup and archive data to increase your data centre efficiency.
- Increased Reliability. Advanced, built-in features like backup path failover and load balancing, change control, audit and many other fault-tolerant features deliver improved uptime to end users.
- Flexible Billing Model. Single monthly payment for Software, and Maintenance and Support based on usage.
- Lower Procurement Costs. The pay-as-you-go model removes product acquisition costs and helps businesses plan the development of their IT more effectively, adding capacity as and when they need it.
- Native Integration with Cloud Storage. Seamless REST/HTTP integration with cloud storage efficiently moves backup and archive data into API-based cloud storage offering.
- Portal Integration & Reporting. CommVault provides API capabilities so end users can access their protected and archived data via the Service Provider Portal (where available); advanced reporting ensures service level reports are easy to create and maintain.
- Steven Rose, Vice President, EMEA & ASEAN for CommVault:
"The goal of our new SPLA programme is to bring MSPs fully into our partner community and provide them with new commercial opportunities to open up incremental revenue streams. The SPLA programme will enable MSPs to deliver disaster recovery and business continuity services to customers without the up-front capital costs and risk. Already working with over 400 service providers each month, Softcat is a well recognised leader in subscription reselling and their experience in running these distribution programmes made them an obvious choice for us."
- David Simpson, Sales Director for Softcat:
"CommVault's leadership in backup and disaster recovery capabilities already puts the company on a strong footing with customers. With their new SPLA model, services providers can build Simpana software into their own hosting offerings without the complexity and costs associated with usual contracting with ISVs. This is a win-win for MSPs, CommVault and Softcat and we're looking forward to helping CommVault focus on this rapidly growing services provider market."
- CommVault® Simpana® 9 software http://www.commvault.com/products.html
- CommVault PartnerAdvantage for Service Providers & Systems Integrators http://partners.commvault.com/saas_partners.asp
- More on CommVault backup and recovery http://www.commvault.com/products-backup-recovery.html
- More on CommVault Archive http://www.commvault.com/products-archive.html
- More CommVault news http://news.commvault.com/
- Subscribe to CommVault RSS feeds: http://news.commvault.com/rss-feeds.asp
- Follow CommVault on Twitter: http://twitter.com/CommVault
- Follow CommVault on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/CommVault
Softcat is a leading provider of software licensing, hardware, security and related IT services. Softcat was founded in 1993 by chairman and majority shareholder Peter Kelly, remains privately owned and currently employs over 350 people. It achieved a turnover in excess of pounds Sterling 220 million in its last financial year and has been profitable since inception, resulting in a strong balance sheet and very firm financial foundations. The company sells and supports products and solutions from all the world's leading IT companies. On all its portfolio products and solutions it offers a full range of services, including advice and guidance, technical design, product sourcing, implementation, support and project management. It enjoys a trading relationship with over 3,500 longstanding customers, predominantly from the UK corporate sector but also including large enterprises, small businesses and public sector organisations. As an organisation Softcat cares passionately about two things – outstanding employee satisfaction and world class customer service. It believes the former drives the latter.
A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unprecedented control over data growth, costs and risk. CommVault's Simpana® software suite of products was designed to work together seamlessly from the ground up, sharing a single code and common function set, to deliver superlative Data Protection, Archive, Replication, Search and Resource Management capabilities. More companies every day join those who have discovered the unparalleled efficiency, performance, reliability, and control only CommVault can offer. Information about CommVault is available at www.commvault.com. CommVault's corporate headquarters is located in Oceanport, New Jersey in the United States.
Safe Harbor Statement
Customers' results may differ materially from those stated herein; CommVault does not guarantee that all customers can achieve benefits similar to those stated above. This press release may contain forward-looking statements, including statements regarding financial projections, which are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as competitive factors, difficulties and delays inherent in the development, manufacturing, marketing and sale of software products and related services, general economic conditions and others. Statements regarding CommVault's beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions regarding the future are forward-looking statements, within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. All such forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results may differ materially from anticipated results. CommVault does not undertake to update its forward-looking statements.
©1999-2011 CommVault Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. CommVault, CommVault and logo, the "CV" logo, CommVault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, CommVault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, Quick Snap, QSnap, SnapProtect, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, ROMS, and CommValue are trademarks or registered trademarks of CommVault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.