OCEANPORT, N.J., Oct. 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- CommVault (NASDAQ: CVLT) is ready to hit the ice again as the company's hockey team opens its 14th season, raising money and awareness for various children's organizations and charities nationwide. CommVault's Hockey Helping Kids brings the program's platinum, gold and silver sponsors, partners, customers, employees and their families together for fun and competitive hockey games, dinners and fundraisers, usually held along with National Hockey League (NHL) contests. To date, the program has raised more than $500,000 for children's charities, while raising public awareness of each program beneficiary's mission.
This year's game roster features six games that coincide with National Hockey League (NHL) regular season contests in each venue. Each Hockey Helping Kids event includes a "JV" game, which provides partners and customers the experience of skating on NHL ice, followed by a "Varsity" game in which CommVault employees face off against formidable opponents. This year's Varsity team opponents include Brad Maxwell (President of the Minnesota NHL Alumni Association) and several other NHL Alumni, current members of the USA Women's National Hockey team, and former USA Women's Olympic team gold medalists.
The 2013-2014 season schedule includes the following games:
- Thursday, October 24th – Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia, Rangers vs. Flyers (supports Philadelphia PowerPlay and Temple University athletics)
- Tuesday, October 29th – Nassau Coliseum, Long Island, NY, Rangers vs. Islanders (supports Long Island Chapter of Autism Speaks)
- Wednesday, November 13th – Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN, Leafs vs. Wild (supports Autism Society of Minnesota and Hendrickson's Foundation for Special Hockey)
- Monday, January 20th – TD Garden, Boston, MA, Kings vs. Bruins (supports Courageous Sailing of Boston)
- Wednesday, February 5th – Yankee Stadium, Bronx, NY, CommVault only game (Charity to be announced)
- Thursday, March 20th – Jobing.com Arena, Phoenix, AZ, Panthers vs. Coyotes (Charity to be announced)
Since its inception, CommVault's Hockey Helping Kids program has raised more than $500,000 by increasing awareness for the missions of the children's charities supported by the program. Charities that will benefit from this season's play include Philadelphia PowerPlay, a power wheelchair floor hockey team; Temple University Athletics; the Long Island Chapter of Autism Speaks; Hendrickson's Foundation for Special Hockey, a group dedicated to providing hockey opportunities to disabled children; the Autism Society of Minnesota; and Courageous Sailing of Boston, a center committed to removing barriers to sailing access for all Boston youth, the public and those with physical and intellectual challenges. Additional charities for the 2013-2014 season will be announced as the season progresses.
Various sponsor levels permit CommVault partners to contribute to these events so that all monies raised through Hockey Helping Kids fundraising endeavors and merchandise auctions go directly to the supported charities. Platinum sponsors include Microsoft Corp., Windows Server, Windows Azure, and ShopRite Village Supermarkets, the Minnesota NHL Alumni Association, NetApp, SHI, RBA Consulting, Bjork Builders, Muller Insurance, and D&M Auto Body are participating in the program as gold sponsors and Radnor Wallace is a silver sponsor.
Approximately 100 CommVault employees collaborate each season to volunteer for this exciting program and to provide support for the target charities, in partnership with the program's sponsors.
Tweet This: .@CommVault's #HockeyHelpingKids opens 14th season. Swing by a local game and join the fun! http://bit.ly/1cWbIUO
- N. Robert Hammer, Chairman, President and CEO, CommVault "I am extremely proud to see our employees channel passion, commitment and team spirit to help others in such a terrific cause as Hockey Helping Kids. They are team players and it's exciting to see how the program has grown to include other members of our industry and the communities we all serve."
- Randy De Meno, Chief Technologist, Windows Products & Microsoft Partnership, CommVault: "I'm proud to work with our CommVault employees in such a fun and philanthropic endeavor while helping very worthwhile children's charities across the U.S. It's fantastic to add such respected partners as Network Appliance, the NHL Alumni association and RBA Consulting to the Hockey Helping Kids effort, while continuing our partnership with Microsoft and ShopRite Supermarkets. The focus here is simple, 'It's all about the kids.'"
- What our partners, sponsors and supported charities are saying about CommVault's Hockey Helping Kids program
- Subscribe to CommVault RSS feeds
- Follow CommVault on Twitter
- Follow CommVault on Facebook
- Watch CommVault videos on YouTube
About CommVault A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unprecedented control over data growth, costs and risk. CommVault's Simpana® software suite of products was designed to work together seamlessly from the ground up, sharing a single code and common function set, to deliver superlative Data Protection, Archive, Replication, Search and Resource Management capabilities. More companies every day join those who have discovered the unparalleled efficiency, performance, reliability, and control only CommVault can offer. Information about CommVault is available at www.commvault.com. CommVault's corporate headquarters is located in Oceanport, New Jersey in the United States.
Safe Harbor Statement Customers' results may differ materially from those stated herein; CommVault does not guarantee that all customers can achieve benefits similar to those stated above. This press release may contain forward-looking statements, including statements regarding financial projections, which are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as competitive factors, difficulties and delays inherent in the development, manufacturing, marketing and sale of software products and related services, general economic conditions and others. Statements regarding CommVault's beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions regarding the future are forward-looking statements, within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. All such forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results may differ materially from anticipated results. CommVault does not undertake to update its forward-looking statements.
©1999-2013 CommVault Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. CommVault, CommVault and logo, the "CV" logo, CommVault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, CommVault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, Quick Snap, QSnap, IntelliSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, ROMS, Simpana OnePass, CommVault Edge, and CommValue are trademarks or registered trademarks of CommVault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.