OCEANPORT, N.J., Oct. 18, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Since 2001, CommVault (NASDAQ: CVLT) has assembled a team of ice hockey players and employees for special exhibition games and fundraisers to raise awareness and much-needed support for children's organizations around the country. For the past decade, CommVault's Hockey Helping Kids program has brought together CommVault customers, partners, celebrities, employees and their families for highly entertaining competitive hockey games, dinners and auctions held in conjunction with National Hockey League (NHL) contests.
- CommVault is commemorating the 10th anniversary of its highly regarded Hockey Helping Kids program with a three-game series against U.S. Women's National & Olympic team members and the top U.S. Women's hockey team, the Minnesota Whitecaps. As the Western Women's Hockey League (WWHL) champions for the second consecutive season, the Whitecaps are poised to play the CommVault team at the following venues:
- Thursday, October 27th—Xcel Center, Minneapolis
- Thursday, January 19th—Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia
- Thursday, March 1st—Pepsi Center, Denver
- CommVault is teaming with strategic industry partners, including Microsoft and Dell, to host private receptions and dinners following each special exhibition game and preceding NHL games at the respective arenas.
- This latest round of fundraisers will raise support for the following charities:
- Anyone interested in attending, sponsoring or donating to any of this season's fundraising recipients, should contact CommVault by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tweet this: @CommVault Hockey Helping Kids team squares off against @WhitecapsHockey team in 10th annual charity hockey series http://bit.ly/oz7h4V
CommVault Community Relations Scores Significant Support for Children
- Since its inception, CommVault's Hockey Helping Kids program has raised more than $330,000 in funds to aid thousands of children by raising awareness and much-needed support across a broad spectrum of areas.
- Previous program beneficiaries have included Cammi Granato's Golden Dreams for Children Foundation, the Chicago Tomahawks, the Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation, FDNY 9/11 Disaster Relief Fund, Ronald McDonald House, Madison Square Garden's Garden of Dreams Foundation, Morgan Autism Center, Savannah's Organic Ranch and the Social Communications Center for Autism Assistance.
- Nearly 100 CommVault employees from all parts of the organization—finance, engineering, sales, marketing, customer service, technical support and product development—collaborate each season to execute an exciting program while maximizing support for the target charities.
CommVault also continues to play a pivotal role in soliciting support from industry leaders, such as Microsoft and Dell.
- Randy De Meno, Chief Technologist, Windows Products & Microsoft Partnership for CommVault:
"When we started the Hockey Helping Kids program 10 years ago, we couldn't anticipate the level of grassroots support that has made it possible for us to make such a positive difference in the lives of children in need. Each year, we meet hundreds of customers, partners and families who want to join our efforts in giving back to the community. We are again looking forward to raising yet more funds this year for some extremely worthwhile causes, while entertaining everyone with some exciting, competitive hockey."
- Jeff Lear, Director of Managed ISVs at Microsoft:
"Once again Microsoft is pleased to join with CommVault to increase the awareness of supporting nonprofit programs and charities that benefit today's youth in building their opportunities for a better tomorrow. We continue to applaud CommVault's Hockey Helping Kids program, which has had a significant impact on a variety of excellent nonprofit organizations working with youth over many years."
- Kristie Minkoff, Business Manager, Minnesota Whitecaps:
"One of the goals of the Minnesota Whitecaps is to make an impact in the community by giving back and providing positive role models on and off the ice. CommVault shares this goal and has teamed up with some of the best women hockey players in the country to provide a unique opportunity for these women to showcase their hockey skills for a good cause."
- Pat Hilferty, Manager, Philadelphia PowerPlay:
"Since the beginning of our relationship with CommVault in 2009, the company has supported our power wheelchair hockey team, Philadelphia PowerPlay. CommVault's friendship and caring, not to mention the company's help in our fundraising efforts, shows the commitment CommVault continues to bring to all of our communities. We look forward to this year's Hockey Helping Kids event, which I'm sure will be a rousing success!"
- Lisa Kennedy, director for the Autism Society of Minnesota:
"AuSM is thankful that CommVault and its hockey team is reaching out and assisting us in our efforts to support people living with Autism Spectrum Disorders. The donations we receive from CommVault and its partners are greatly appreciated and the company's creative way of including AuSM and some of our members make this wonderful event stand out. We're excited to be partnering with CommVault again this fall."
- Alana Blahoski, U.S. Olympic Gold Medal-winning hockey player:
"The people at CommVault have found a way to make giving back to the community the most fun possible by combining their love of ice hockey with their need for charitable contribution. Every event gives both the participant and the recipient of their efforts much happiness and much needed financial help. I am proud to be a part of the CommVault team."
- CommVault® Simpana® 9 software
- More CommVault news
- Subscribe to CommVault RSS feeds: http://news.commvault.com/rss-feeds.asp
- Follow CommVault on Twitter: http://twitter.com/CommVault
- Follow CommVault on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/CommVault
A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unprecedented control over data growth, costs and risk. CommVault's Simpana® software suite of products was designed to work together seamlessly from the ground up, sharing a single code and common function set, to deliver superlative Data Protection, Archive, Replication, Search and Resource Management capabilities. More companies every day join those who have discovered the unparalleled efficiency, performance, reliability, and control only CommVault can offer. Information about CommVault is available at www.commvault.com. CommVault's corporate headquarters is located in Oceanport, New Jersey in the United States.
Safe Harbor Statement
Customers' results may differ materially from those stated herein; CommVault does not guarantee that all customers can achieve benefits similar to those stated above. This press release may contain forward-looking statements, including statements regarding financial projections, which are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as competitive factors, difficulties and delays inherent in the development, manufacturing, marketing and sale of software products and related services, general economic conditions and others. Statements regarding CommVault's beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions regarding the future are forward-looking statements, within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. All such forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results may differ materially from anticipated results. CommVault does not undertake to update its forward-looking statements.
©1999-2011 CommVault Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. CommVault, CommVault and logo, the "CV" logo, CommVault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, CommVault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, Quick Snap, QSnap, SnapProtect, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, ROMS, and CommValue are trademarks or registered trademarks of CommVault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.