The rapid adoption of Microsoft® SharePoint underscores the escalating organizational need to share information, collaborate on content creation and work together to improve user productivity and bottom-line business benefits. As SharePoint continues to grow in size and stature, it is becoming increasingly critical for organizations to find ways to optimize, protect and manage vital SharePoint environments. To that end, CommVault's new Application Data Management (ADM) bundle, which is based on award-winning CommVault® Simpana® software and is available in a flexible capacity licensing model, is making it easier for both channel partners and customers to cost-effectively address the challenges of managing massive amounts of SharePoint data while streamlining migrations to SharePoint 2010.
- CommVault has announced an Application Data Management (ADM) bundle that provides integrated backup, recovery and archive in a single solution, eliminating the need to install and manage separate data management applications in Microsoft SharePoint environments.
- The ADM bundle integrates CommVault® Simpana® 9 software modules for Backup and Recovery and Archive with pre-defined SharePoint reference architectures and operational guidelines to simplify deployment and protection.
- With CommVault's SharePoint ADM bundle, channel partners now can offer customers the benefits of enterprise-class backup, fast and reliable recovery, as well as low-cost retention of SharePoint databases and systems.
- Pricing for the software component of CommVault's ADM Bundle begins at $25,000 and includes extensive backup, recovery and archive functionality. The CommVault bundle is available as a software capacity licensing SKU, and includes reference architectures and leading practice guidelines to help channel partners and their customers quickly and easily match backup, recovery and archive needs with appropriate hardware and services for optimal data protection.
- As a longstanding Microsoft partner and recent recipient of the 2011 Microsoft Server Platform Partner of the Year, CommVault is committed to helping Microsoft customers better manage data in Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint Server, SQL Server, Azure and Hyper-V environments.
- CommVault will be showcasing its ADM bundle at the Microsoft SharePoint Conference 2011, booth No. 238, October 3-6, 2011, in Anaheim, Calif.
Tweet this: @CommVault #Simpana eases @SharePoint migrations with integrated #backup and #archive software bundle http://bit.ly/qDgOM4 #SPC11CV
Optimizing SharePoint Environments with Award-winning Simpana Software
- CommVault's award-wining Simpana software platform and advanced functionality, including SnapProtect technology, eliminates complex scripting of snapshots with backup tools to deliver application awareness across all tiers of storage.
- Moreover, integrated, global data deduplication removes redundant data to increase network efficiency and reduce storage infrastructure costs.
- With CommVault's archive capabilities, including new Simpana software External Blob Storage (EBS) provider, it no longer matters where SharePoint documents reside as they can be recovered quickly and transparently. Fully automated archive policies drive the movement of stale, infrequently accessed data to secondary, less expensive storage tiers, which is a major consideration for customers with growing SharePoint databases and systems.
- CommVault's Application Data Management bundle also is ideally suited for Microsoft Exchange, SQL, Hyper-V, Azure and VMware environments. Furthermore, the company's flexible capacity licensing model lets customers change scope, scale and protection methods for little additional cost or management overhead.
- Additionally, CommVault has further simplified archive data recall, enabling documents to be retrieved quickly in one step for an improved user experience. Migrations to SharePoint 2010 are simplified, thanks to "out-of-place recovery," which enables users to easily use separate, independent backup copies for migrating SharePoint documents to the latest version.
- Mark Conley, senior director of North American channels for CommVault: "CommVault is making strides in protecting ever-growing SharePoint Server farms by providing our channel partners and their customers with a complete application data management solution. As a result, we're making it easier, faster and more affordable to purchase, deploy, set-up, operate, protect and archive SharePoint systems on a daily basis."
- CommVault® Simpana® 9 softwarehttp://www.commvault.com/products.html
- CommVault's PartnerAdvantage programhttp://partners.commvault.com/
- More on CommVault backup and recoveryhttp://www.commvault.com/products-backup-recovery.html
- More on CommVault Archivehttp://www.commvault.com/products-archive.html
- More CommVault newshttp://news.commvault.com/
- Subscribe to CommVault RSS feeds: http://news.commvault.com/rss-feeds.asp
- Follow CommVault on Twitter: http://twitter.com/CommVault
- Follow CommVault on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/CommVault
A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unprecedented control over data growth, costs and risk. CommVault's Simpana® software suite of products was designed to work together seamlessly from the ground up, sharing a single code and common function set, to deliver superlative Data Protection, Archive, Replication, Search and Resource Management capabilities. More companies every day join those who have discovered the unparalleled efficiency, performance, reliability, and control only CommVault can offer. Information about CommVault is available at www.commvault.com. CommVault's corporate headquarters is located in Oceanport, New Jersey in the United States.
Safe Harbor Statement
Customers' results may differ materially from those stated herein; CommVault does not guarantee that all customers can achieve benefits similar to those stated above. This press release may contain forward-looking statements, including statements regarding financial projections, which are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as competitive factors, difficulties and delays inherent in the development, manufacturing, marketing and sale of software products and related services, general economic conditions and others. Statements regarding CommVault's beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions regarding the future are forward-looking statements, within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. All such forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results may differ materially from anticipated results. CommVault does not undertake to update its forward-looking statements.
©1999-2011 CommVault Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. CommVault, CommVault and logo, the "CV" logo, CommVault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, CommVault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, Quick Snap, QSnap, SnapProtect, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, ROMS, and CommValue are trademarks or registered trademarks of CommVault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.