CLIFTON, N.J., April 14, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- The Comodo organization, a global innovator and developer of cybersecurity solutions, today announced that its latest version of Comodo Internet Security (CIS) is now globally available, CIS 8.2.
Separating itself from all other security companies, Comodo's patent pending containment technology isolates any untrusted applications looking to be run on a laptop or PC, and automatically contains and kills any unwanted variants.
These untrusted applications can come from an attachment in an email, an Internet virus, malware or simple surfing of the Internet. Comodo's containment technology is built directly into Comodo Internet Security 8.2.
"Comodo Internet Security 8.2 offers automatic and seamless 360° protection to the consumer, combining powerful antivirus protection with our patent-pending containment technology," said Buket Baran, Product Manager, Comodo Internet Security. "For the consumer who uses CIS 8.2, they are benefiting from enterprise-class security right at their own personal endpoint. We are extremely confident in the protection that CIS 8.2 provides that we continue to offer this great product to any consumer who wants it, free of charge. Our goal is to make the connected world a safe environment for all – and CIS is a significant piece in that puzzle."
About Comodo's Containment Technology
Comodo's containment technology – built into CIS 8.2. - ensures that any unknown application that attempts to run on a consumer's PC does so inside a virtual environment – without impact or disruption to the consumer. CIS 8.2 then isolates and analyzes all of the identified unknown files, destroys any malware or bad files, and allows good files to execute seamlessly.
Comodo's containment technology has been battle tested in the most hostile of security environments – the endpoint – where consumers are constantly attacked with the threat of viruses, spam, and other forms of malware. Since the launch of Comodo Internet Security, Comodo introduced a $500 'virus-free' guarantee to any consumer who gets infected using the product – with no valid claims to date.
New Features of CIS 8.2
- An improved antivirus engine, which simplifies the performance and increases the protection for a consumer's PC
- A permanent "upgrade" button on the main user interface frame, allowing consumers to easily upgrade to Comodo Pro or Comodo Complete, whenever they want
- Windows 10 Support, to complement current compatibility with Windows Vista and XP
- Both Vietnamese and Romanian language support, which now makes 25 total languages supported by CIS
Foundational Technologies of CIS, Seamless to the User
All of Comodo's Internet Security products – including Premium and Pro versions – include:
- Patent Pending Containment Technology, which contains and runs any unknown files in an isolated environment preventing today's threats instead of detecting yesterday's
- Default Deny Protection, where unknown files are automatically contained
- Antivirus, which tracks down, isolates and destroys the malware a consumer's old anti-virus may have missed, providing total protection
- Anti-Spyware, which detects spyware threats and destroys each infection
- Bot Protection, which prevents malicious software from turning a consumer's PC's into zombie machines used for cybercrime
Comodo Internet Security Premium 8.2 is free to install, and comes with optional 24/7 technical support for an additional charge. Those interested in updating from 8.1 to 8.2. or installing Comodo CIS for the first time can log on to the Comodo website here.
The Comodo organization is a global innovator and developer of cyber security solutions, founded on the belief that every single digital transaction deserves and requires a unique layer of trust and security. Building on its deep history in SSL certificates, antivirus and endpoint security leadership, and true containment technology, individuals and enterprises rely on Comodo's proven solutions to authenticate, validate and secure their most critical information. With data protection covering endpoint, network and mobile security, plus identity and access management, Comodo's proprietary technologies help solve the malware and cyber-attack challenges of today. Securing online transactions for thousands of businesses, and with more than 85 million desktop security software installations, Comodo is Creating Trust Online®. With United States headquarters in Clifton, New Jersey, the Comodo organization has offices in China, India, the Philippines, Romania, Turkey, Ukraine and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit comodo.com.
Comodo and the Comodo brand are trademarks of the Comodo Group Inc. or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners. The current list of Comodo trademarks and patents is available at comodo.com/repository
For more information, media and analysts may contact:
Director of Corporate Communications