SCOTTSDALE, Ariz., March 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- According to strategy acceleration firm Compass Intelligence, the top three telecom operators have the highest ranked Small Business portals out of a ranking of 49 companies. The year-end review examines more than 20 capabilities across four parameters over the four quarters of 2011. The research shows that Verizon, AT&T and Sprint have built some of the most comprehensive and diverse experiences for Small Business customers in 2011. Vendors are scored and ranked each quarter in terms of their ability to provide relevant online experiences that extend beyond e-commerce. Aspects, such as online learning, site design and messaging, in addition to e-Commerce capabilities are examined, using monthly research with decision- makers in this market as guidance.
"Creating a relevant experience for the Small Business market continues to be a challenge - one which vendors are taking head on. Today's Small Business portals are cleaner and more elegant than ever. They are also starting to include improved content hierarchies and thought leadership tailored to this market," says Kneko Burney, Founder & CEO of Compass Intelligence. "By creating an experience that is architected around the way in which Small Businesses operate and/or their goals – vendors can position their solutions in more relevant ways – resulting in better conversion rates over time."
The research conducted in 2011 suggests that a strong self-learn environment coupled with simple, intuitive navigation will result in an "ideal" Portal environment for this market. Sean Rowe, Portal Researcher at Compass Intelligence adds, "Sometimes less is more, and Small Business Decision-makers want to spend as little time possible researching and purchasing products. I expect to see a lot of focus on tools and capabilities that help with the sale of products, being incorporated into product pages rather than external resource centers."
Key Findings include:
- 2011 Top 10 – Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, Cisco, XO Communications, Dell, IBM, Windstream, cBeyond and CenturyLink
- Best Practice this period: Theme-based Simplicity – a clean site experience built around contextual content relevant to the target segment.
- Best Help & Support: Sprint offers an extremely intuitive Help & Support center, which incorporates multiple media types.
- Best Learn Experience: AT&T's InSite offers the most to Small Businesses wanting to develop and grow.
- Best e-Commerce: Dell offers tools to help Small Businesses by providing comparison tables, user ratings and product images.
- Click to here to download a summary of this period's customer research
About Compass Intelligence
Compass Intelligence, a strategy acceleration firm, specializes in providing decision-support from idea to execution, including customer analytics for the high-tech and telecom industries. Our team of experts deliver insights through a variety of resources, from syndicated reports, market forecasts, expert videos to information portals such as SBOnline and www.ne2ne.com (an M2M community). Find us on http://www.compassintelligence.com or follow us on Twitter (@compassintel).
For Interview or Other Requests
President & Chief Strategist
Portal Researcher & Expert Guide
SOURCE Compass Intelligence