KARLSKRONA, Sweden, June 20, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Compuverde has won the Emerging Market: Software Defined Storage (SDS) Vendor of the Year award from Storage Magazine's 14th annual Storage Awards. "The Storries" were announced at a gala awards ceremony at The Grand Connaught Rooms in London on June 15th. Compuverde was also nominated in the One to Watch – Company category.
Compuverde's software-defined storage solution delivers extreme resilience, performance and cost savings for scale-out virtual environments. Differentiators include:
- All-in-one approach: The solution provides a single storage platform for ease of use, high performance and cost effectiveness.
- All the flavors of storage: The combination of file system, block and object store in one offers a variety of options based on need, as well as flexibility and agility.
- Scale-out star: Rapid, linear scaling using nodes/x86 building blocks – without the need for special-purpose hardware.
- Reduced complexity: Because there is no single point of failure, there are no expensive bottlenecks to address. This allows businesses to lower total cost of ownership and focus on core business value and new innovation projects rather than IT maintenance.
Now in its 14th year, the Storries are highly regarded in the storage industry and attract major vendors. The awards honored companies across 32 categories, including:
- Seagate – The Storage Hall of Fame
- Oracle – Storage Company of the Year
- Barracuda Networks – Channel Partner Program of the Year
Stefan Bernbo, CEO and founder, Compuverde, said: "Most of the world's data centers are still using vertical scaling solutions for storage, but the modern data deluge is overwhelming this legacy architecture. Our software-defined storage solution enables enterprises to scale quickly and cost-efficiently in order to remain competitive. We are honored by the recognition this award provides."
David Tyler, editor of Storage Magazine, said: "Software-defined storage has undoubtedly become one of the 'hot categories' at the Storage Awards in the last couple of years, and this year it was tightly contested, with more votes cast than ever before. We were delighted to have CEO Stefan Bernbo and other members of the Compuverde team with us on the night to collect their well-deserved trophy."
Compuverde is an established provider of software-defined storage solutions, based in Sweden. Founded in 2008 by a team of storage and software experts with decades of experience in the scale-out storage field, Compuverde delivers a solution dedicated to both large consumer brands and industrial B2B-players, currently used by telecom, banking, media and insurance companies across the world. Compuverde's revolutionary and energy-efficient unified storage solution has made possible a hardware-agnostic storage platform that easily scales to hundreds of nodes, exabytes of data and trillions of files. With top-class products that address market segments like vNAS, hyperconverged virtualization and hybrid cloud, Compuverde is delivering better control over investments and business expansion. Find out more at www.compuverde.com.
Nadel Phelan, Inc.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/compuverde-wins-storage-awards-sds-vendor-of-the-year-300476335.html