JOPLIN, Mo., Jan. 13, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Con-way Truckload, a full truckload carrier and subsidiary of Con-way Inc. (NYSE: CNW), today announced its 2013 Drivers of the Year — the company's highest recognition.
The Driver of the Year award categories include individual and team company and contracted drivers, as well as regional drivers. Award recipients are selected based on dedication to safety, professional service and exemplary performance. Con-way Truckload recognized the drivers during an awards ceremony at its headquarters in Joplin, Mo., earlier this month.
2013 Drivers of the Year:
- Company Driver of the Year, Brian Glover, has driven nearly 1.5 million miles with Con-way Truckload and was previously named company driver of the year in 2011. He has also twice been named driver of the month. Brian resides in Lincoln, Neb., with his wife, Georgina. Together they have two children, Jeanette and Andrew.
- Independent Contractor Driver of the Year, Dennis Hastings, is a 2 million miler as well as a five-time winner of the contractor driver of the month award. He resides in Wyandotte, Okla., with his wife, Susie.
- Company Team of the Year, Catherine and Robert Tucker, hail from St. Louis, Mo. They were also named company team of the month in March, 2013. Combined, Catherine and Robert have close to 2 million miles with the company.
- Independent Contractor Team of the Year, Sherry and John Hufford, reside in Bell, Fla., Both have reached 1 million miles and they have twice received contractor of the month honors. They have two children and one grandchild.
- Regional Driver of the Year, Juan Lopez, is a repeat honoree, having won the award in 2012 as well. He began driving for Con-way in 1996 and operates out of the Laredo terminal. He has driven more than 2.3 million miles for Con-way Truckload and has twice been named regional driver of the month. He resides in Galveston, Texas, with his wife, Mily, and son, Enrique.
"We're pleased to come together today to recognize the Drivers of the Year for their continued efforts and commitment to our company," said Saul Gonzalez, president of Con-way Truckload. "Our 2013 honorees exemplify the skill, dedication and professionalism that is vital to continued safety on the road, customer satisfaction and our overall success as a company."
Driver of the Year winners were presented with prizes for their achievement, which include an official Con-way Truckload jacket, customized award plaque, personalized Con-way Truckload watch, cash prize and an official proclamation from the Missouri State Senate.
Follow the company on Twitter: http://twitter.com/True2BlueJobs
Con-way equipment images are available at www.con-way.com/en/about_con_way/newsroom
About Con-way Truckload
Joplin, Mo.-based Con-way Truckload is an operating company of Con-way Inc. (NYSE: CNW) and a leading provider of expedited, time-definite full-truckload transportation services across North America. Formerly Contract Freighters, Inc. (CFI), Con-way Truckload today employs over 3,000 drivers with a fleet of more than 2,700 tractors and 8,000 trailers operating throughout the United States as well as internationally in Mexico and Canada. The company provides full-truckload transportation serving the transcontinental shipping needs of commercial and industrial businesses as well as sister company Con-way Freight. For more about Con-way Truckload, visit us on the Web at www.con-way.com/truckload or call (800) 641-4747.
Con-way Inc. (NYSE: CNW) is a $5.6 billion diversified freight transportation and global logistics company.
SOURCE Con-way Truckload