JOPLIN, Mo., Jan. 9, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Con-way Truckload, a full truckload carrier and subsidiary of Con-way Inc. (NYSE: CNW), today announced its 2014 Drivers of the Year — the company's highest recognition.
The Driver of the Year award categories include individual and team awards for both company and contracted drivers, as well as an award for the top regional driver. Award recipients are selected based on dedication to safety, professional service and exemplary performance. Con-way Truckload recognized the drivers during an awards ceremony at its headquarters in Joplin, Mo., today.
2014 Drivers of the Year:
- Company Driver of the Year Steve Denton has been driving professionally since 1991. He began driving for Con-way Truckload in 2004 and is a member of the fleet four team, with Amanda Tanner as his fleet supervisor. Steve resides in Springfield, Mo., with his wife, Sheila. They have one daughter, Ronell, two sons, Corey and Jim and one granddaughter, Zoey. When not on the road, Steve enjoys hunting and fishing.
- Independent Contractor Driver of the Year Eric Ard has been driving professionally for seven years and joined Con-way Truckload in 2008. He is on fleet 43, with Scott Cook as his fleet supervisor. Eric lives in Tennille, Ga., with his life partner, Tara Bray. He has two sons. When he isn't behind the wheel, Eric enjoys rebuilding trucks.
- Company Team of the Year Craig and Rachel Owens are on fleet 41, with David Bird as their fleet supervisor. They began driving together in 2011, deciding on a career change when their daughters, Ansley and Leah, finished school. They joined Con-way Truckload in 2013. The Owenses reside in Gray, Tenn., and when not on the road, Rachel enjoys reading and cooking, while Craig likes to hunt and fish. Together they share a love for landscaping.
- Independent Contractor Team of the Year Frances and Robert Wilder drive for fleet 20, with Erik Lynch as their fleet supervisor. Robert started driving in 1999 and joined Con-way Truckload in 2002. Frances joined him at the company in 2003. The Wilders reside in Dallas, Ga., with their daughter, Phalen. Robert is an avid sports fan, especially of football, as well as an enthusiastic gamer, spending free time on his PlayStation 3. Frances prefers to spend quiet time reading.
- Regional Driver of the Year Mark Milasinovich drives for fleet 34, with Michele Allen as his fleet supervisor. He began his professional driving career in 1988, joining Con-way Truckload in 2010. Mark lives in Clinton Township, Mich., with his wife, Julie. They have two sons, Mark and Paul, and three grandchildren, Carter, Logan and Monica. In his spare time, Mark enjoys bowling and working on cars.
"As we honor these professional drivers, I'm reminded of the exceptional skill and commitment to safety exemplified in their daily performance," said Joseph Dagnese, president of Con-way Truckload. "Each of these drivers sets the example of professionalism and excellence that allows our company to thrive and it gives me great pride to recognize all of them for this outstanding accomplishment."
Driver of the Year winners were presented with prizes for their achievement, including an official Con-way Truckload jacket, a customized award plaque, a prize item of their choice, a cash prize and an official proclamation from the Missouri State Senate.
Follow the company on Twitter: http://twitter.com/True2BlueJobs.
Con-way equipment images are available at www.con-way.com/en/about_con_way/newsroom.
About Con-way Truckload
Joplin, Mo.-based Con-way Truckload is a leading provider of time-definite dry-van full-truckload transportation services throughout the U.S., with extensive coverage of Mexico and service for Canada. With 3,350 employees, 2,900 of whom are company drivers and dedicated owner-operators piloting a fleet of 2,900 tractors and 8,000 trailers, Con-way Truckload provides solo, team and dedicated trucking operations, with a focus on superior performance built on Lean continuous improvement methodologies to drive efficiencies and consistent quality service. With a workplace culture built on respect for employees and recognition of their professional skill and expertise as our keys to success, Con-way Truckload strives every day to deliver value-added services that help Fortune 500 businesses achieve supply chain goals. Visit Con-way Truckload on the web at www.con-way.com/truckload or call (800) 641-4747.
SOURCE Con-way Truckload