ALISO VIEJO, Calif., Feb. 27, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- ConcertoHealth, the leading provider of specialized primary care and supporting clinical services for vulnerable, frail and elderly patients, announced today that it is expanding and elevating its clinical leadership team to propel growth with a focus on improving patient care for health plans and their network of primary care providers (PCPs).
The new and expanded roles of the company's clinical leaders, including Dr. Chris Dodd, Dr. Jeffrey Hunter and Dr. Brian Davis, align the leadership of clinical, medical and PCP support functions around a unifying goal of improving health care quality and access.
ConcertoHealth dedicates field-based care teams and support services to health plans' PCPs, supporting their performance with an array of clinical resources, including physicians and nurse practitioners, social workers, care managers, pharmacists and nurses, to care for patients in any care setting when they are most in need. To facilitate effective collaboration across the entire care team, ConcertoHealth utilizes a proprietary population health analytics platform, Patient3D, which provides PCPs with a 360-degree view of each patient's health status and care needs.
"Caring for the most vulnerable, complex patient population requires a fully integrated clinical leadership team," said Alec Cunningham, ConcertoHealth's president and CEO. "Enhancing our organizational design and leadership aligns our successes and places improved patient care at the very center of all that we do."
Each of the three doctors brings experienced clinical leadership to his respective mission-critical roles within ConcertoHealth. The new and expanded roles for the leadership team include the following:
- Dr. Christopher Dodd, Chief Clinical Officer – Dr. Christopher Dodd will lead all things related to clinical delivery of care. By merging care delivery and management, ConcertoHealth will be able to identify and address care gaps and streamline the care delivery to where it's needed most.
- Dr. Jeffrey Hunter, SVP, Utilization Management and Quality Improvement – Dr. Jeffrey Hunter will expand his purview beyond utilization management to include quality improvement, clinical oversight and auditing, and he will lead ConcertoHealth's pursuit of utilization management accreditation status with the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA).
- Dr. Brian Davis, SVP, Clinical Operations – Dr. Brian Davis will continue to lead clinical implementation while expanding his role to include patient engagement, quality coding and documentation. He will also be responsible for clinical operations, health care analytics and operational reporting, and health care quality and outcomes improvement. Dr. Davis will closely collaborate with Dr. Dodd to coordinate care across networks and providers.
"With seasoned clinicians in these key positions, ConcertoHealth will continue to lead the integration of care management and delivery," added Cunningham.
ConcertoHealth also is elevating its business development and human resources functions, promoting executives Robin Tam and Janelle Mitchell to further support the patient and provider-centric mission and goals of the organization.
- Robin Tam, SVP, Strategy and Business Development – Robin Tam will lead the evolution of the ConcertoHealth care model, driving scale, volume and product innovation in addition to leading marketing and strategic communications.
- Janelle Mitchell, Chief Human Resource Officer – Janelle Mitchell will lead human capital initiatives by promoting culture, growth and expansion through employee engagement, retention and recruitment.
ConcertoHealth Inc. is the leading provider of specialized primary care and supporting clinical services for vulnerable, frail and elderly patients. ConcertoHealth provides high-touch, individualized care for patients and also deploys "wraparound" clinical resources to extend the reach of primary care providers, operating exclusively in value-based agreements. The ConcertoHealth care model, elevated by Patient3D, improves overall health quality and outcomes for high-need patient populations. The ConcertoHealth care model is proven to reduce admissions by 30.3 percent and readmissions by 17.1 percent, benefitting patients, payers and their provider networks alike. The company is headquartered in Aliso Viejo, California.