IRVINE, Calif., July 27, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- ConcertoHealth, the leading provider of specialized primary care and supporting clinical services for frail and elderly patients, announced today that primary care physician (PCP) registration is now underway for Patient3D, its new proprietary population health data analytics platform, which was designed to better manage the most vulnerable patient populations for U.S. health plans.
The costliest 20 percent of Medicare patients consume 63 percent of all Medicare and Medicaid spending.i Yet, less than 5 percent of Medicare claim expenditures for these patients are submitted by PCPs, leaving a whopping 95 percent of Medicare claims expense outside the PCP's purview:
- Hospital Claims (55 percent)
- Specialist Claims (20 percent)
- Skilled Nursing Facility Claims (10 percent)
- Home Health Agencies and other vendors (10 percent)
For PCP-centric health plans, ConcertoHealth created Patient3D to give PCPs what they've been missing: a comprehensive, 360-degree view of patients' complete medical history and consolidated records in near real-time, at the point of care. Launched internally to ConcertoHealth's own medical group in 2016, Patient3D empowers care providers and managers to make informed decisions based on actionable data and predictive algorithms, with prompts to address gaps in care that lead to lower costs of care and improved health outcomes.
"We developed Patient3D specifically to address the challenges health plans face managing vulnerable patient populations," said Sampath Narayanan, CIO of ConcertoHealth. "These patients bounce around the healthcare system, from PCP to specialist, clinic, emergency room, inpatient admission, and back again. In the process, they're ringing up millions of dollars in healthcare costs. We're pleased to be able to now extend these data insights to health plan network PCPs."
"Initial feedback from PCPs confirms Patient3D plays an active role in helping them make well-informed decisions to improve quality of care," Narayanan said. "Patient3D allows PCPs to identify patients who will benefit most from focused interventions that go beyond diagnosed conditions, along with data and analytics that are helpful in preparing for and during the visit."
Patient3D is central to ConcertoHealth's Primary Care Support Platform, which serves as a single accountable solution for managing the health plan's total cost of care, removing health plans from the general contractor role of balancing multiple vendor relationships. Rather than replace or compete with a health plan's network PCPs, ConcertoHealth offers on-the-ground clinical and administrative support and resources to help PCPs gain a broader view of patients' health and interactions with caregivers.
ConcertoHealth Inc. is the leading provider of specialized primary care and supporting clinical services for vulnerable, frail and elderly patients. Operating exclusively in value-based agreements, ConcertoHealth provides high-touch, individualized care for patients, and also deploys wraparound clinical resources to extend the reach of primary care practices. This comprehensive medical management solution, elevated by ConcertoHealth's proprietary population health technology, improves overall healthcare quality and patient outcomes, benefitting payers and their provider networks. The company is headquartered in Irvine, Calif.
i Medicare Payment Advisory Commission, A Data Book: Health Care Spending and the Medicare program, page 40, June 2015.
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/concertohealth-launches-proprietary-population-health-technology-to-address-most-costly-patients-challenging-health-plans-300495251.html