JOHNSTOWN, Pa., Dec. 8, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Concurrent Technologies Corporation (CTC) has been named to the 2011 list of the Best Places to Work in PA. CTC has been a steadfast presence on the list since its creation in 2000. Final rankings were announced at an awards ceremony held at the Lancaster County Convention Center on December 1, 2011. CTC ranked 32nd in the large-sized company category. CTC employs over 1,400 nationwide and over half of the employees work in Pennsylvania locations including Johnstown, Harrisburg, and Pittsburgh.
"2011 marks CTC's eleventh consecutive year being named as one of the Best Places to Work in PA, one of only three companies to do so statewide," said Edward J. Sheehan, Jr., CTC's President & Chief Executive Officer. "Our drive to brand ourselves as a loyal employer and a trusted partner invested in the well-being of our employees has created a company and an environment that is being recognized as one of the best in the state of Pennsylvania."
The program is a public/private partnership between Team Pennsylvania Foundation, the Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development, the Pennsylvania State Council of the Society for Human Resource Management, and the Central Penn Business Journal. Employers are categorized based upon the total number of employees they have in the United States.
"CTC employees are a large part of the evaluation process," said Kathy Jones, CTC's Senior Director, Human Resources. "Surveys are completed anonymously by employees and are worth 75% of the total evaluation. The other 25% comes from the evaluation of CTC's workplace policies, practices, philosophies, and systems. The ability of CTC to make the Best Places to Work in PA year after year shows that our employees are extremely satisfied with the work environment that we provide for them."
Concurrent Technologies Corporation (CTC) is an independent, nonprofit, applied scientific research and development professional services organization providing innovative management and technology-based solutions to government and industry. As a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization, CTC's primary purpose and programs are to undertake applied scientific research and development activities that serve the public interest. For more information, visit www.ctc.com.
SOURCE Concurrent Technologies Corporation