NEW YORK, May 19, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The multiple demands on corporate CIOs have never been greater: Reduce complexity in the data center as well as the risk associated with multivendor interoperability, prepare the data center to scale out, re-evaluate the company's overall private and public cloud consumption strategies, and integrate security into every decision. According to Converged Technology Group (www.convergedtechgroup.com), an award-winning Managed Services Partner (MSP) serving clients throughout the Northeast, these challenges make now the perfect time for IT professionals to thoroughly examine their data center options. Should they continue building a custom integrated system, or is it time to make the move to converged or innovative hyperconverged solutions?
"Before you move down the road with an integrated system leveraging traditional compute, storage networking and virtualization, take the time to evaluate all the options – integrated, converged and hyperconverged – carefully," advises Leo E. Galletta, President and CEO, Converged Technology Group. "Each option provides organizations with unique benefits to meet the varied requirements of the application workloads they support. The additional consideration of public cloud consumption as part of a mid- or long-term strategy also needs to be taken into consideration in order to make the most informed decision."
Three Solid Paths to Your Future Data Center
- Integrated: An integrated system is one in which the customer selects best-in-class compute, storage, networking and virtualization solutions to create an environment that supports their unique business and application needs. In best-case scenarios, customers are able to leverage interoperable components from a variety of manufacturers to meet organizational price-performance requirements. For users that want a custom solution, an integrated approach may still be the best bet.
- Converged: In a converged solution, manufacturers pre-validate a specific set of multivendor compute, storage, hypervisors and networking components to create a bundled stack that meets key performance metrics and is designed to support specific business-critical application workloads. For users interested in reducing both complexity and risk in their data centers, a converged solution may be the right fit.
- Hyperconverged: Today's hyperconverged solutions take a software-defined approach that has been expanded from the compute, storage and virtualization layer to include the underlying networking and management of the solution as a whole. Hyperconverged options also offers users automation of the provisioning process, something which can significantly reduce deployment times and increase the environment's speed and efficiency. In fact, industry research suggests hyperconverged integrated systems will be the fastest-growing segment of the overall market for integrated systems, reaching mainstream levels within the next five years. This means that savvy CIOs will be on the lookout for ways to assess and provision their networks to make the best use of available hyperconverged tools, something IT pros need to consider as they chart their course.
Choosing a path to the data center of the future is an important decision. Most CIOs are familiar with integrated and converged solutions, while advancements in hyperconverged options may still be somewhat of a mystery. To help, Converged Technology Group will host two live events in June – one in New York City and one in Melville, New York – exploring the intricacies of hyperconverged solutions. For information on these and other events, contact Converged Technology Group at 631-468-5728 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- IT is one of the most powerful enablers of business performance; learn how managed services partners like Converged Technology Group help clients design, implement and manage an array of advanced technology solutions that align with their distinct business requirements: http://bit.ly/1WBwhgo.
- By leveraging a new generation of virtual and cloud-based technologies, businesses can realize significant bottom-line benefits; explore the potential cost savings and performance gains of a virtualized data center here: http://bit.ly/1WBwCiU.
- Find out how Converged Technology Group's Assist360° managed services offering helps clients support their IT infrastructure while lowering total cost of ownership: http://bit.ly/1WBwzDN.
About Converged Technology Group
Converged Technology Group is an award-winning Managed Services Partner (MSP) focused on improving IT performance and business outcomes while lowering the cost of technology support for businesses in healthcare, financial services, education, retail, legal and other cutting-edge industries. Located in New York City and Islandia, NY, Converged Technology Group provides enterprise networking, collaboration, data center, cloud solutions and managed services to both regional and multinational corporations. The company provides business-critical uptime all the time, and helps clients design, implement and operate their IT infrastructure, communication and computing systems for the greatest return on their IT investments. For more information on Converged Technology Group, please contact us at 631-468-5728 or email@example.com, and visit our website at www.convergedtechgroup.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/converged-technology-group-helps-cios-chart-a-course-to-their-future-data-center-300271584.html
SOURCE Converged Technology Group