ISLANDIA, N.Y., July 23, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- The large-scale adoption of virtualization in recent years has left some corporate CIOs scratching their heads, wondering why their data centers still aren't functioning as efficiently as they envisioned. According to the experts at Converged Technology Group (www.convergedtechgroup.com), an award-winning Managed Services Partner (MSP) serving clients throughout the Northeast, the same organizations that were ahead of the curve, readily adopting virtualization three to five years ago, are now ready for the next phase in their approach to a converged environment.
"There's been a lot of innovation in integrated, converged and hyperconverged infrastructures lately, all of which spells opportunity for savvy CIOs who want to improve their business application performance and better support their virtual desktop infrastructure environment," says Leo E. Galletta, President and CEO, Converged Technology Group. "By leveraging advancements in converged or hyperconverged technology, companies can create a 'Virtualization 2.0' strategy that will help them be better prepared to meet their business, financial and technical needs."
The name of the game in this new converged infrastructure phase, Galletta says, is simplification, something which recent choices like EMC's VSPEX BLUE and VCE's Vblock have now made possible:
- VSPEX BLUE: A hyperconverged infrastructure appliance designed to meet the performance and agility requirements of the SMB and mid-market customer while simplifying both deployment and management of a virtualized environment.
- Vblock Systems: A converged infrastructure solution that seamlessly combines compute, network and storage technologies from Cisco, EMC and VMware to offer a pool of shared resources ideal for enterprise organizations interested in increasing their time-to-value in IT projects.
The central idea is to simplify management of IT resources – including everything from virtual desktops to application deployments – increasing both efficiency and agility and reducing risk in the process. While the emergence of hyperconverged appliances may entice some organizations to think there is an in-the-box option, Galletta warns that no two companies are alike, so there is no one-size-fits-all converged infrastructure solution.
A New York City Event: Exploring what's Possible with Converged Infrastructure
To help IT experts explore the differences between new converged and hyperconverged options and determine which solution offers the best fit for each company's individual environment, Converged Technology Group and EMC are co-hosting an event on Friday, July 31st, in New York City. The event will provide an introduction to the latest innovations in converged infrastructure for the next-generation data center and will be combined with a private screening of the new movie "Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation." For more information or to register for this exclusive event, call Converged Technology Group at 631-468-5728.
- Learn how you can leverage a new generation of virtual and cloud-based solutions to optimize your technology assets, simplify your operations, and quickly realize a better return on investment: http://ow.ly/PLADr.
- Need some help tailoring a solution to meet your business, financial and technical needs? Schedule a consultation with one of the technology experts at Converged Technology Group: http://ow.ly/PLB15.
- Find out how Converged Technology Group's Assist360° managed support services provide a cost-effective, co-managed approach to proactively maintain peak IT performance: http://ow.ly/MV0pr.
About Converged Technology Group
Converged Technology Group is the leading provider of co-managed advanced technology solutions that improve IT performance, end-user productivity and organizational efficiency for commercial organizations. Located in Islandia and New York City, Converged Technology Group provides enterprise networks, collaboration, and virtualized data center solutions and services to multinational enterprises headquartered in the Northeast region. For more information on Converged Technology Group, please contact us at 631-468-5728 or firstname.lastname@example.org, and visit our website at www.convergedtechgroup.com.
SOURCE Converged Technology Group