LONDON, Aug. 31, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Wednesday, 7 th September, 2016 at 5:00 pm BST
Online, with Complimentary Registration, please contact [email protected]
Divyaa Ravishankar, Frost & Sullivan Senior Industry Analyst and guest speakers Paul Pickering, President and CEO, Ubiquitome and Herbert Torfs, VP Business Development and Strategy, GenePOC
The cost of care is constantly increasing across segments. As a result, healthcare delivery is moving toward decentralization. Delivery from health settings such as mobile clinics, rapid retail clinics and home settings demand the use of point-of-care diagnostics. Effective delivery of healthcare has created convergence in both business and technology between point-of-care testing and digital health. An increased focus is placed on data and remote monitoring capabilities.
"Taking cognizance of the changing market segmentation and emerging opportunities will prove crucial for device manufacturers and other stakeholders in the value chain," finds Divyaa Ravishankar, Frost & Sullivan Senior Industry Analyst. "Otherwise they risk missing the decisive innovations and will lag behind in the experience curve." In a highly dynamic market as this, market participants need to make use of the right time and technology to capitalize on the trend to move ahead.
This GIL Briefing will help identify:
- Early stage companies that are moving toward simplicity of testing
- Areas of point-of-care testing which category leaders consider for future growth and expansion
- The key convergences which will drive sector growth
- How the segment will evolve or change
- Trends and pricing strategies in Europe and other developing countries like India and China
Community pharmacies and low volume physician office laboratories are excellent customers that offer medical diagnostic testing near the point of care. Given the initial hesitancy sensed in the case of physician prescribing POCs, suppliers can offer the rental equipment model and seek partnerships with community pharmacies for new and upcoming tests to create awareness with patient through walk-in testing or workplace testing. Companies who succeed in the POCT market are those that adopt strategies to increase the usability of tests. Exploring new customer groups and understanding their needs will disrupt their way of doing business.
The GIL Briefing will be joined by Paul Pickering, president and CEO, Ubiquitome, and Herbert Torfs, VP Business Development and Strategy, GenePOC, who will discuss their experience with market trends, regulatory road blocks, and unaddressed needs in the US, Europe, and developing nations.
- To attend the webcast, email Jana Schoeneborn, Corporate Communications, at [email protected] your full contact details.
- Receive a recorded version of the webcast anytime by submitting your contact details.
- For more information about Frost & Sullivan's Transformational Health team, please visit: http://frost.ly/pu.
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, works in collaboration with clients to leverage visionary innovation that addresses the global challenges and related growth opportunities that will make or break today's market participants.
Our "Growth Partnership" supports clients by addressing these opportunities and incorporating two key elements driving visionary innovation: The Integrated Value Proposition and The Partnership Infrastructure.
- The Integrated Value Proposition provides support to our clients throughout all phases of their journey to visionary innovation including: research, analysis, strategy, vision, innovation and implementation.
- The Partnership Infrastructure is entirely unique as it constructs the foundation upon which visionary innovation becomes possible. This includes our 360 degree research, comprehensive industry coverage, career best practices as well as our global footprint of more than 40 offices.
For more than 50 years, we have been developing growth strategies for the global 1000, emerging businesses, the public sector and the investment community. Is your organisation prepared for the next profound wave of industry convergence, disruptive technologies, increasing competitive intensity, Mega Trends, breakthrough best practices, changing customer dynamics and emerging economies?
Corporate Communications – Europe
P: +49 (0) 69 770 3343
E: [email protected]
SOURCE Frost & Sullivan