FOSTER CITY, Calif., Aug. 30, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Conviva, the leader in OTT experience management for the world's top media companies, today announced the addition of four new executives to lead the company into its next phase of growth. This move will help Conviva support its publishers who are seeing the consumption of more multi-screen OTT content than ever before. The company revealed its top 50 publishers have seen on average an 80 percent increase in consumer viewing hours from second-quarter 2015 to second-quarter 2016. Many publishers were well above 100 percent annual growth in consumer viewing hours, with some customers experiencing over 1000 percent growth with expanded geographic coverage.
Markets and Markets has forecasted that the global OTT space will grow to $62.03 billion by 2020. "We're entering a new era in how we consume content," said Dr. Hui Zhang, CEO of Conviva. "Our continued global success mirrors the market's demand for a data-driven solution to navigate the changing business of television."
To meet this global demand and continue the positive momentum, Conviva is excited to announce four key strategic hires at the executive level. With extensive experience in high-growth technology companies, they will be tasked with ensuring the company remains at the forefront of innovation and continues to be well-equipped to address the evolving challenges presented by a booming streaming video market.
Notable hires include:
- Mr. Scott Gibson, Chief Financial Officer – Scott brings to Conviva more than 25 years of financial and strategic corporate leadership experience at both private and public high growth technology companies across several industry sectors
- Mr. Ed Haslam, Chief Marketing Officer – A strategic marketing executive with substantial experience in digital media, networked communications and computing, Ed has served as the founding marketing executive of many venture-backed technology companies, responsible for launching the product, company and brand, along with developing the channel to market and overall corporate strategy
- Mr. Bradley Kancigor, General Counsel – An accomplished senior executive with extensive legal and business experience, Bradley comes to Conviva from Synopsys where he had many roles over his 10 years in the legal department, most recently as vice president and deputy general counsel focusing on commercial transactions and IP
- Mr. Samir Mehta, Senior Vice President of Technology and Operations – With over 25 years of experience in the ecommerce, digital media, Pay TV, consumer electronics and telecom industries, Samir has worked with innovative companies such as Amazon, Motorola and Nagra
"The hiring of four seasoned digital media and software veterans exemplifies Conviva's commitment to helping the world's largest OTT video broadcasters and operators deliver a consistent, high-quality viewing experience," boasts Dr. Zhang. "Their leadership will help drive the company's growth, further solidifying our position as the global leader in OTT experience management as we continue to improve streaming video across all devices."
In the past year, Conviva also expanded Experience Insights, its very successful core product offering, with Ad Insights, a groundbreaking solution launched in April. Conviva's Ad Insights solution helps combat ad fatigue in online streaming and allows OTT publishers to maximize ad engagement and revenue. Additionally, in the first half of 2016 Conviva experienced notable customer wins, extended global partnerships and received cross-continent award recognition, including:
- A collaboration with Freewheel that now delivers industry-leading, real-time engagement analytics for individual ad impressions based off Ad Insights
- An extended partnership with HBO enhancing its stand-alone streaming service, HBO NOW
- A global channel partnership with Babcock International Group whereby Conviva now designs and deploys optimized OTT solutions for Babcock's partners, which include media companies, broadcasters and operators
- Recognition from the TV Connect Industry Awards, honoring Conviva as the Best OTT TV Service
Conviva partners with top-tier media companies and premium OTT video broadcasters and operators like HBO, ESPN, Sky and Sony to deliver optimized viewing experiences that maximize customer engagement. The Conviva Intelligent Control Platform helps providers meet and exceed ever-changing audience expectations for video experience, across a multi-screen viewing environment. Using a unique real-time map of the Internet video delivery ecosystem, the platform provides 360-degree visibility across all users, maximizes picture fidelity, and eliminates playback delays and interruptions. Multi-dimensional reports and analyses of the top-tier OTT market, based on Conviva's tracking of 50 billion streams annually, enable data-driven decisions, supporting successful development of market-leading services. Conviva is based in Silicon Valley with offices in New York and London. Please visit us at www.conviva.com and follow us on Twitter @Conviva.