CURITIBA, Brazil, March 29, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Companhia Paranaense de Energia - COPEL (BM&FBOVESPA: CPLE3, CPLE5, CPLE6 / NYSE: ELP / LATIBEX: XCOP), a company that generates, transmits, distributes and sells power to the State of Parana, announces its results for 2010. For comparative purposes, the 2009 figures have been adjusted to the new accounting practices.
- Net Operating Revenue (NOR): R$ 6,901 million.
- Operating Income: R$ 1,381 million.
- Net Income: R$ 988 million (R$ 3.61 per share).
- EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization): R$ 1,476 million.
- Return on Shareholder's Equity: 9.8%.
- Growth in power consumption billed by COPEL to captive customers: 5.9%.
The Company's shares and main indexes presented the following variations in the semester:
Var. % year
CPLE3 (common/ BM&FBovespa)
CPLE6 (preferred B/ BM&FBovespa)
ELP (ADR/ Nyse)
XCOP (preferred B/ Latibex)
The complete release is available at the Company's website: www.copel.com/ir
Conference Call: March 30, 2011
English:10:00 am – US EDT
Dial in access: (+1 786) 924 6977
Access Code: Copel
(Simultaneous translation into English)
Live webcast at www.copel.com/ir
Contacts: Investor Relations – COPEL Phone: (55 41) 3222-2027 E-mail:email@example.com