IRVINE, Calif., July 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- CoreLogic® (NYSE: CLGX), a leading residential property information, analytics and services provider, today released its July MarketPulse report. In this report, CoreLogic Chief Economist Mark Fleming, Ph.D., and Deputy Chief Economist Sam Khater share their optimism about the ongoing recovery in the U.S. housing market.
Key findings in the July MarketPulse report include:
- According to CoreLogic the market is not experiencing a housing bubble, and the rise in mortgage rates will help to prevent one in the future.
- Housing affordability is near its height due to historically low interest rates and home prices.
- According to the housing affordability index, all but two states are affordable today, and most states are near their recent affordability high points.
- Cash sales peaked above 40 percent two years ago and are slowly receding.
- Cash sales are one of the drivers behind the rapid house price recovery.
For a full copy of the July CoreLogic MarketPulse report, including a complete set of data and charts, visit http://www.corelogic.com/downloadable-docs/MarketPulse_2013-July.pdf.
About CoreLogic CoreLogic (NYSE: CLGX) is a leading property information, analytics and services provider in the United States and Australia. The company's combined data from public, contributory, and proprietary sources includes over 3.3 billion records spanning more than 40 years, providing detailed coverage of property, mortgages and other encumbrances, consumer credit, tenancy, location, hazard risk and related performance information. The markets CoreLogic serves include real estate and mortgage finance, insurance, capital markets, transportation and government. CoreLogic delivers value to clients through unique data, analytics, workflow technology, advisory and managed services. Clients rely on CoreLogic to help identify and manage growth opportunities, improve performance and mitigate risk. Headquartered in Irvine, Calif., CoreLogic operates in seven countries. For more information, please visit www.corelogic.com.
CORELOGIC and the CoreLogic logo are trademarks of CoreLogic, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries.