WASHINGTON, Nov. 17, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The Corporate Whistleblower Center says, "We are urging a manager at a nursing home or skilled nursing/therapy facility manager to call us anytime at 866-714-6466 for information about federal whistleblower reward programs - if they have well documented proof of massive fraud related to inflating Medicare bills at nursing homes or skilled nursing facility. In one recent example whistleblowers received over $20 million dollars for this type of information." http://CorporateWhistleblowerCenter.Com
In a recent major whistleblower reward the whistleblowers proved a healthcare company was doing the following:
- Presumptively placing patients in the highest therapy reimbursement level, rather than relying on individualized evaluations to determine the level of care most suitable for each patient's clinical needs;
- Scheduling and reporting the provision of therapy to patients even after the patients' treating therapists had recommended that they be discharged from therapy;
- Arbitrarily shifting the number of minutes of planned therapy among different therapy disciplines (i.e., physical, occupational and speech therapy) to ensure targeted therapy reimbursement levels were achieved, regardless of the clinical need for the therapy;
- Providing significantly higher amounts of therapy at the very end of a therapy measurement period not due to medical necessity but rather to reach the minimum time threshold for the highest therapy reimbursement level, to enable SNFs to bill for the care of their Medicare patients accordingly, even though the patients were receiving materially less therapy on preceding days;
- Inflating initial reimbursement levels by reporting time spent on initial evaluations as therapy time rather than evaluation time;
- Reporting that skilled therapy had been provided to patients when in fact the patients were asleep or otherwise unable to undergo or benefit from skilled therapy (e.g., when a patient had been transitioned to palliative end-of-life care); and
- Reporting estimated or rounded minutes instead of reporting the actual minutes of therapy provided.
The Corporate Whistleblower Center says, "If you are a manager at a nursing home, skilled nursing facility, rehab or therapy center or a medical doctor and you can prove a healthcare facility and you have proof of these types of practices that bilk Medicare out of billions of dollars each year please call us anytime at 866-714-6466 and we will do everything possible to help you get rewarded. Why sit on a wining lotto ticket and not cash it in?" http://CorporateWhistleblowerCenter.Com
Simple rules for a whistleblower from the Corporate Whistleblower Center:
* Do not go to the government first if you are a major whistleblower. The Corporate Whistleblower Center says, "Major whistleblowers frequently go to the federal government thinking they will help. It's a huge mistake. Do not go to the news media with your whistleblower information. Public revelation of a whistleblower's information could destroy any prospect for a reward. Do not try to force a government contractor or corporation to come clean to the government about their wrongdoing.
The Corporate Whistleblower Center wants to emphasize there are high quality whistleblowers healthcare in every state including California, New York, Florida, Texas, Massachusetts, Maryland, Virginia, Ohio, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Tennessee, North Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Louisiana, Missouri, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, New Mexico, Colorado, Utah, Arizona, Nevada, Idaho, Washington, and Alaska.
Any type of insider or employee who possesses significant proof of their employer or a government contractor defrauding the federal government is encouraged to contact Corporate Whistleblower Center anytime at 866-714-6466 or via their web site. http://CorporateWhistleblowerCenter.Com
For attribution about the Justice Department's recent settlement with a national nursing home company please refer to their January 2016 press release that discusses this. https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/nation-s-largest-nursing-home-therapy-provider-kindredrehabcare-pay-125-million-resolve-false.
SOURCE Corporate Whistleblower Center