WEST PALM BEACH, Fla., Oct. 1, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Now in seven cities, Cosmetic Bootcamp University (CBCU) began its fall and winter 2015 offerings with record-breaking attendance at the first CBCU ever held in Detroit, on September 12.
Provided by The Cosmetic Bootcamp™ (CBC), CBCU is a one-day program that gives practical, real-world education in aesthetic medicine to trainees and recent graduates in dermatology, oculoplastic surgery, ophthalmology, plastic surgery, and facial plastic surgery.
"With 75 attendees, the record-breaking response to our first-ever CBCU in Detroit reaffirms the need for a forum where residents and fellows in core aesthetic specialties can learn about the latest aesthetic procedures and practice-management strategies from the best-of-the-best in aesthetic medicine," says Kenneth Beer, M.D., a CBC cofounder. He is also an associate clinical professor of dermatology at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, a consulting associate with Duke University, and a clinical associate in dermatology, University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine.
"Inspired by millennial startups like Uber and Airbnb," adds Vic Narurkar, M.D., "Cosmetic Bootcamp University is the original millennial aesthetic meeting. Meeting the demands of the millennial generation, we bring the programming to you. Always in the forefront, for eight years, CBC University has been changing the landscape of meetings for residents, fellows, and the next generation of aesthetic physicians." He is founder and director of the Bay Area Laser Institute, chairman of dermatology at California Pacific Medical Center, San Francisco, and a CBC cofounder.
CBCU is available at no charge to residents and fellows in graduate-level programs in the core aesthetic specialties, and at a nominal fee to board-certified core aesthetic physicians in their first five years of practice. Additional CBCU sessions and directors are as follows:
- New York – Ellen Gendler, M.D., clinical associate professor of dermatology, NYU Langone Medical Center
- Houston – Mary P. Lupo, M.D., clinical professor of dermatology, Tulane University School of Medicine, and a CBC cofounder.
- Chicago – J. Regan Thomas, M.D., a Chicago-based double board-certified facial plastic surgeon
- Boston – Madeline Krauss, M.D., a Wellesley, Mass.-based dermatologist in private practice
- Philadelphia – Anthony V. Benedetto, D.O., clinical professor of dermatology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, and section chief of dermatology, Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital
- Los Angeles – Vic A. Narurkar, M.D.
About The Cosmetic Bootcamp™
The Cosmetic Bootcamp™ is the leader in training and educating physicians and their staff in the core aesthetic specialties of Dermatology, Ophthalmology, Otorhinolaryngology, and Plastic Surgery. Through didactic meetings, live patient demonstrations, and publications, CBC is the leading resource for aesthetic professionals who shape their specialties through teaching, mentoring, and research.
For more information, please contact:
CBC/Meeting Designs, LLC
36 Mechanic St., Suite 207
Foxboro, MA 02035
SOURCE Cosmetic Bootcamp LLC