NEW YORK, Sept. 7, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Cota, Inc., a healthcare data and analytics company that bridges precision medicine to population health, today announced that Elizabeth Rushforth will join as Chief Legal Officer, serving as the primary counsel and legal expert for Cota. Rushforth has deep experience in several areas of law, including securities, regulatory and compliance. Rushforth was most recently the Chief Legal Officer for Sungevity, a technology-driven solutions provider and spent three years at MedeAnalytics as SVP and General Counsel.
"We are excited to welcome Elizabeth on board as we reach a major inflection point in the company," said John Hervey, Cota's Chief Executive Officer. "She brings a valuable set of legal experience and leadership skills that will be an asset to us as we expand and advance our offerings to the payer, provider and life science community."
Rushforth has deep experience in the areas of securities law, regulatory compliance, corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions, financial market transactions, transactional and employment law, as well as litigation. She has held a number of senior positions with fast-growing, technology-driven companies over her 17-year career, and joins Cota from MedeAnalytics, Inc., a cloud-based software analytics business, where she served as Senior Vice President and General Counsel. Prior to that, she served as Vice President, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary at UnwiredPlanet, Inc.
"I am excited to join the Cota executive leadership team and have a deep appreciation for their real-world evidence and data analytics capabilities," said Rushforth. "I look forward to helping make that model as strong and effective as possible by, among other things, developing best practices and compliance functions that drive value to the company, its partners, its shareholders and its customers."
In addition to Rushforth, the following leadership changes and new appointments are effective immediately:
- Thomas L. Gallucci will join as Chief Financial Officer and is responsible for managing Cota's finances, overseeing related business segments and contributing to the strategic direction of the company. Most recently, Gallucci was a Managing Director at Cain Brothers where he focused on merger and acquisitions within the healthcare services sector and brings over 20 years of healthcare industry experience to Cota.
- Emmet O'Gara will join as Senior Vice President and Chief Revenue Officer and is responsible for business development and account management activities. O'Gara has spent the past eight years at MedeAnalytics, most recently as Senior Vice President and General Manager of Payer and Provider Solutions. O'Gara brings over 25 years of strategic Payer market experience to Cota.
- Ann Collins will join as Senior Vice President of Pharmacutical and Life Sciences Strategy and is responsible for Cota's life sciences and pharma solutions for driving the clinical vision and strategy. Collins, who has over 20 of years in life sciences and oncology, previously held leadership roles at Vion, Agios and Schering Plough and is trained as an oncology physician associate.
- Janhvi Patel will join as Vice President of Strategic Partnerships, and is responsible for managing and cultivating Cota's partnerships like the collaboration with IBM Watson for Oncology. Previously, Patel was with IBM Watson Health in Strategic Partnerships.
- K. Marinka Natale will join as Vice President of Payer-Provider Solutions and is responsible for Cota's Payer product vision and strategy. Natale, who has 15 years of healthcare informatics experience on the payer side, was most recently Senior Director of Informatics – Data Science at Aetna.
- Eva Werk will join as Vice President of Marketing and will oversee all marketing and communication activities at Cota. Most recently, Werk spent three years at Saffron Technology, an AI data analytics software company acquired by Intel Corp.
About Cota, Inc.
Cota, Inc. is a technology platform that enables providers, payers and life science companies involved in diagnosing and treating complex diseases to optimize the outcomes of individual patients and lower the overall cost of the patient population served. It is powered by the patented Cota Nodal Address™ (CNA) system, a unique digital classification methodology built by leading physicians and data scientists. The CNA is the first and only system that precisely categorizes patient factors, their diseases and intended therapies, enabling precision medicine at scale.
Cota's technology enriches medical records to create research-grade data and joins it with a suite of analysis, visualization and management tools. This enables providers, payers and life science companies to analyze, report on and research outcomes, costs, treatments and quality at any granularity and stage of the patient journey. The result is a constantly improving system that merges technology and medicine to improve the lives of patients everywhere. For more information, go to www.cotahealthcare.com