PHOENIX, Aug. 22, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- In this tough economy, the last thing a jobless person needs is a barrier to employment and a poor credit score can be this stumbling block. Mistakes on a credit report can lower a person's score significantly. In addition, innocent habits by consumers can also lower scores.
In recognition of these problems, Creditinfocenter is announcing their release of a new credit repair article series, designed to help those with poor credit fix negative marks and those with good credit keep their credit score high.
- The Cost of bad credit – How bad credit impacts more than just your ability to get new loans.
- How does inaccurate information get on your credit report? - How mistake occurs with information on your credit report and how they can be prevented.
- How to close a credit card account without hurting your credit score – Closing credit accounts can sometimes inadvertently hurt your score, the article explains how to avoid this.
- Innocent ways you can ruin your credit. – Some borrowers can pay their bills on time and still be hurting their credit report. The article explains how.
- On-time rent payments can now help your credit – Once upon a time your on-time rent payments did not reflect on your credit report. We show you how to get this positive payment on your credit report.
- BBB reports on Credit repair company scams – It's usually much more effective to fix the error on your own than hire a credit repair agency. However, if you do, you need to be aware of unethical credit repair companies.
The credit repair series can be found at http://www.creditinfocenter.com/repair/free-credit-repair-program.shtml.
CreditInfocenter.com is a one-stop destination for consumers looking for free advice and tips on how to repair and rebuild bad credit and maintain good credit. CreditInfocenter.com founder Kristy Welsh is also the author of Good Credit Is Sexy, a tongue-in-cheek guide to managing your finances.
For More Information on CreditInfoCenter.com:
Good Credit Is Sexy:
SOURCE Credit Info Center