ATLANTA, Feb. 1, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Atlanta-based Cricket Wireless took home the top honor in the J.D. Power Award for Wireless Customer Care for the 2019 Volume 1 study for Non-Contract Full-Service providers. After winning the J.D. Power Award for Wireless Purchase Experience last volume , this win marks the first time Cricket has taken the top spot in the customer care Non-Contract Full-Service study with a score of 815 points.
The J.D. Power news follows on the heels of our announcement that we are now serving more than 10 million subscribers—an increase of more than 5 million since joining the AT&T family five years ago. Clearly, Cricket is off to a great start this year as we land another company milestone with this exciting J.D. Power win.
"Earning our customers loyalty – and keeping it – is our primary focus every day," said John Dwyer, President of the AT&T Prepaid Portfolio. "This recognition from J.D. Power lets us know that our commitment to serving our customers is making a difference where it counts. Winning awards is great, but the real reward is providing a level of service that has allowed us to be the fastest growing prepaid provider for two straight years. That's how we really know our customers love what we are doing."
So, what are some of the things we've done to enhance the level of service we're able to deliver to our customers? First and foremost, we listened. Through customer surveys, we learned what we were doing right and, more importantly, what we could do better. Based on this feedback, we took several steps to improve the customer experience.
- We streamlined many of our processes and systems, so reps have the right tools in place to quickly address customer concerns. For example, we gave our in-store reps more functionality to execute transactions simply and efficiently at the point of sale, removing pain points for customers and store employees.
- We launched a new device support tool, which essentially shows our reps the exact device the customer is using, allowing them to better troubleshoot and resolve customer issues.
- We introduced our Going The Extra Smile philosophy that addresses things like knowing and using the customer's name, ensuring the customer know our rep's name and showing sincere appreciation for their business. While these may seem basic—they matter. Delivering a personal experience for every customer, every time goes a long way to building a genuine connection.
- On the technology front, we simplified the menu options and the language used in our Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system. Customers can now navigate faster to the solutions and information they need. Additionally, we launched a Chat Bot that provides faster answers to our customers. The bot is available to customers 24 hours a day, providing support when our customer service reps are home with family.
- We also made updates to our new hire training, such as giving reps more hands-on practice as well as putting more focus on scenario-based training versus systems and policy training.
On March 17, Cricket Wireless will celebrate its 20th birthday together with more than 10 million subscribers, and now, with the top ranking in the J.D. Power Award for Wireless Customer Care Non-Contract Full-Service.
The 2019 U.S. Wireless Customer Care Non-Contract Full-Service Performance Study—Volume 1 is based on responses from 11, 531 customers who contacted their carrier's customer care department within the past three months. The studies evaluate customer care experiences across 12 different customer care channels: phone customer service reps; in-store contact; online chat; email; social media post; carrier app question post; automated telephone systems; website search; social media search; user forum; video from carrier; and carrier app search.
The studies were fielded from July through December 2018.
ABOUT CRICKET WIRELESS
Cricket brings more value with a simple, smarter, friendly wireless experience on our reliable nationwide 4G LTE network that covers more than 99% of Americans.* Our easy-to-understand and affordable service plans include monthly taxes and don't require an annual contract. And our top-brand phones at affordable prices give our customers something to smile about. Visit cricketwireless.com to learn more or find a store near you. Stay up-to-date with the Cricket Newsroom, and connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Cricket is a subsidiary of AT&T Inc. Coverage not available everywhere. © 2019 Cricket Wireless LLC. All rights reserved. Cricket and the Cricket logo are trademarks under license to Cricket Wireless LLC.
*Based on overall coverage in U.S. Compatible device required. Coverage not available everywhere. 4G LTE coverage is not equivalent to overall network coverage.
SOURCE Cricket Wireless