ATLANTA, May 16, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Cricket Wireless, one the nation's fastest growing prepaid wireless companies, has been recognized by two business award organizations for industry innovation, best-in-class information technology, and excellence in the company's shopping and mobile experiences.
"Cricket's ability to rack up awards is rooted in our commitment to create the best possible experience and value for our wireless customers," said John Dwyer, president, Cricket Wireless. "Our employee focus on the customer gives case studies across the company that earn the acknowledgement of award organizations that value breakthrough business performances. I continue to be proud of Cricket Nation and of the work they do every day to make customers' lives better."
Stevie® Awards - Recognizes the achievements of contact center, customer service, business development and sales professionals worldwide.
Driving Innovation by Simplifying the Customer Experience
Cricket's gold award came as a result of the company innovating the customer experience in prepaid wireless and alleviating historical pain points.
- Value-driven wireless plans have brought simplicity to prepaid, because the rate plan charges include monthly taxes and fees.
- A network with more 4G LTE coverage than T-Mobile and Sprint.
- Customer frontline interactions were elevated with an award-winning customer care team, as well as revamped retail experiences nationwide.
IT Powers Cricket through Historical Migration
Cricket's IT department was honored for solving a unique business challenge as part of the 2014 acquisition of Cricket by AT&T and the ensuing merger with its previous prepaid brand, Aio Wireless.
- The department led the migration of millions of customers, who operated on a CDMA network that was much smaller and incompatible with AT&T's GSM network.
- For Cricket's IT team, this meant they had to integrate two different wireless technologies onto one operating platform, while simultaneously continuing to operate all legacy Cricket systems supporting the CDMA customer base, until the 18-month customer migration was completed in September 2015.
- In the process of retiring a network that transformed costs for the company, Cricket customers benefited by getting a vastly improved wireless experience. Cricket retained a large amount of its base.
Cricket's Web team has also been recognized by two organizations who honor online teams for best-in-class interactive and creative media in marketing and communications:
Horizon Interactive Awards –Recognizing excellence in interactive media production
- Silver winner for Websites – E-commerce/Shopping.
- Bronze winner for Websites - Responsive/Mobile Design.
Communicators Awards – Recognizes excellence in ideas for marketing and communications
- Websites – Shopping
- Websites – Telecommunications
About the new Cricket Wireless
Cricket is bringing consumers more value with a simple, friendly, and reliable nationwide wireless experience with no annual contract. The power of Cricket is our nationwide 4G LTE network that covers more than 317 million people;* easy and affordable plans prices that include monthly taxes and fees; and a great selection of phones customers love. Cricket, Something to Smile About. To check out the new Cricket or find a store near you, visit www.cricketwireless.com. And connect with us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/cricketnation and Twitter at www.twitter.com/cricketnation.
Cricket is a subsidiary of AT&T Inc. Coverage not available everywhere. © 2016 Cricket Wireless LLC. All rights reserved. Cricket and the Cricket logo are trademarks under license to Cricket Wireless LLC.
*Based on domestic coverage. Compatible device required. Coverage not available everywhere.
About the Horizon Interactive Awards
The Horizon Interactive Awards is one of the most prestigious awards in the field of interactive and creative media. The competition recognizes, promotes and awards the best websites, videos, online advertising, print media and mobile applications.
About the Communicator Awards
The Communicator Awards is the leading international awards program recognizing big ideas in marketing and communications. Founded two decades ago, The Communicator Awards receives over 6,000 entries from companies and agencies of all sizes, making it one of the largest awards of its kind in the world.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/cricket-wireless-wins-gold-for-most-innovative-company-of-the-year-and-bronze-for-information-technology-department-of-the-year-by-stevie-awards-300269049.html
SOURCE Cricket Wireless