TORONTO, Aug. 29, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- CrowdRiff, the leading Visual Influence platform for the travel and hospitality industries, today announced the release of its API, enabling destination marketers to integrate CrowdRiff's technology into creative products and campaigns to attract travellers.
Destination BC, one of North America's largest destination marketing organizations (DMOs), used the CrowdRiff API to create its BC Explorer trip planning tool, the first ever entirely visual trip planning experience based on thousands of photos shared by travellers on Instagram.
Using CrowdRiff's API, destination marketing organizations can build new experiences that seamlessly integrate UGC and owned photos into digital marketing campaigns.
Features enabled by CrowdRiff's API include the ability to:
- Search social media photos by multiple attributes (including keywords, hashtag, location, author, channel and more)
- Add calls to action that link photos directly to local business, blog posts and more
- Acquire rights to social media photos at scale
- Organize photos by city, region and themes
- Add custom descriptions or use the traveller's original social media caption
- Generate visual maps populated by location-based photos
CrowdRiff's platform is used by over 100 destinations to explore the most comprehensive sources of authentic and aspirational photos, acquire photo rights, and publish photos to any digital property; from websites, to video campaigns, to social media.
The release of this API will enable DMOs, agencies, and digital marketers to tap into the growing trend of travellers seeking user-generated content to discover, research and choose travel destinations.
This content was issued through the press release distribution service at Newswire.com. For more info visit: http://www.newswire.com