- Fact.MR's extensive study on cruelty-free makeup market offers unbiased analysis on prevailing growth dynamics. This report explicates on vital factors such as the drivers, restraints, and opportunities facilitating business expansion of key market players. In order to provide deeper insights, the market is categorized on the basis of product, nature, sales channel, price range, and customer-orientation across seven regions.
NEW YORK, Oct. 21, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Fact.MR – A Market Research and Competitive Intelligence Provider: As per Fact.MR, the global cruelty-free makeup market will surpass US$ 5.45 Bn through 2021. The market is forecast to register growth at 7.2% CAGR between 2021 and 2031.
Consumers are increasingly becoming conscious about the cons of makeup industry and its effects on animals. Millennials are publicly boycotting brands that run tests on animals such as mice, rabbits, rats, and others to determine any adverse reactions, lethality, and irritancy. These tests result in skin burns, inhalation of chemical substances, and death.
Driven by this trend, several companies are shifting towards healthier and cleaner approach for makeup and skincare by eliminating these practices.
Animal activists, especially millennials, are promoting the welfare of animals, which is positively affecting the sales in the market. Countries such as Germany, the U.S., and France, have imposed strict regulations on animal testing and on the use of harmful chemicals.
In order to comply with these stringent regulatory frameworks, leading brands are shifting to organic and natural ingredients. On the back of these factors, the market witnessed healthy growth at 5.8% CAGR between 2016 and 2020.
Request a report sample to gain comprehensive insights at https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=S&rep_id=7022
As per Fact.MR, beauty industry was one of the worst hit during the unprecedented outbreak of COVID-19. However, global lockdown imposed in major countries minimally affected the sales of cruelty-free makeup market.
Emergence of online sales channels and collaborations between leading beauty brands and e-commerce platforms worked as a saving grace for cruelty-free makeup market. Due to the rapidly growing awareness regarding the benefits of organic and cruelty-free products, sales of cruelty-free makeup burgeoned during the last quarter of 2020.
Leading beauty brands such as Body Shop, Elf Cosmetics, and FAE Beauty joined the bandwagon of 'vegan beauty products' and 'clean-label ingredients' to improve their revenues and gain competitive edge in the industry.
With growing penetration of social media platforms and rise of beauty influencers, the market will witness exceptional growth during the forecast period. As millennials continue to support the animal-welfare rights and increase the adoption of organic products, sales of cruelty-free makeup are expected to reach US$ 9.92 Bn by 2031-end.
"Consumers are opting for skincare and beauty products that have longer-shelf life and have labels such as 'clean-label', 'Certified USDA organic', and 'Vegan'. Hence, beauty brands are increasingly investing in research activities to develop products that are organic and are easily certifiable with regulatory frameworks. This will improve the sales of cruelty-free makeup market and generate lucrative growth opportunities for the key players," says a Fact.MR analyst.
Key Takeaways from Cruelty-Free Makeup Market Survey
- In terms of price range, premium cruelty-free make up products are expected to account for over 64% market share through 2031
- Sales of cruelty-free makeup market are expected to surge at 10.7% CAGR through online sales channel
- Based on nature, organic cruelty-free makeup segment holds nearly 14.1% of total market share
- Strict regulations on animal testing and use of harmful chemicals across Europe have increased the sales of cruelty-free makeup, accounting for second-largest share of 30.4%
- The U.S., China, and the U.K. are identified as the top 3 countries leading the market share, collectively holding over 43% of market share
- Rising awareness regarding the benefits of organic and natural products will improve the growth in the market
- Growing consciousness, especially among millennials, about the animal welfare will aid the adoption of cruelty-free makeup products
- Social media campaigns aimed at animal welfare have rendered consumer conscientious about the lifestyle choices. Considering this, they are showing higher inclination for cruelty free makeup brands.
- Use of harmful colorants such as aluminum, butylparaben, and methylparaben in vegan/cruelty-free makeup products, which are linked to chronic diseases such as Alzheimer's may hamper the growth in the market
- Adoption of hazardous chemicals for scent and colour such as 'red alert ingredients' by some of the leading brands such as Nature Box, Smash Box, and La Dolce Vita are likely to diminish the brand value, indirectly affecting the market.
To gain in-depth insights on Cruelty-Free Makeup Market, request methodology at https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=RM&rep_id=7022
Leading beauty brands are extensively investing in research and development to develop organic skin care products with longer shelf-life. Consumers' unceasing demand for natural products that are void of side-effects have compelled the players to introduce new products in the market to gain competitive edge.
Some of the leading companies are emphasizing on clean-label ingredients products to attract the consumers and comply with regulatory frameworks. Key players are also adopting advanced cutting-edge technologies to maintain high-quality products. For instance,
- In 2020, Rare-Beauty, launched by actress Selena Gomez, came into limelight for its new People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA)-approved cruelty-free makeup line. The beauty line is clinically tested and vegan, which gained immense popularity due to the association with the actress and mass social media promotion.
- In January 2021, Elf Cosmetics announced its launch in India for its wide range of cosmetic and skincare products. The brand launched vegan and cruelty-free makeup products including makeup brushes.
Some of the leading market players operating in the cruelty-free makeup market profiled by Fact.MR are:
- Nature's Gate
- Billy Jealousy
- Beauty Without Cruelty
- Coty Inc.
- Emma Jean Cosmetics Inc.
- MO MI BEAUTY
- Groupe Rocher
- Loreal SA (Urban Decay)
- Gabriel Cosmetics Inc.
- Pacifica Beauty
- e.l.f. Cosmetics Inc.
More Valuable Insights on Cruelty-Free Makeup Market
In its latest report, Fact.MR report on global cruelty-free makeup market offers incisive coverage, presenting historical demand data (2016-2020) and forecast statistics for the period from 2021 and 2031. The study also divulges in essential insights of the market which is segmented on the basis of:
- Cruelty-Free Facial Makeup
- Cruelty-Free Eye Makeup
- Cruelty-Free Lip Makeup
- Cruelty-Free Nail Makeup
- Cruelty-Free Makeup for Women
- Unisex Cruelty-Free Makeup
- Cruelty-Free Makeup for Men
- Cruelty-Free Makeup for Kids
- Organic Cruelty-Free Makeup
- Conventional Cruelty-Free Makeup
- Premium Cruelty-Free Makeup
- Economic Cruelty-Free Makeup
- Modern Trade
- Specialty Store
- Salon & Spa
- Departmental Store
- Convenience Store
- Online Store
- Drug Store & Pharmacy
- Other Sales Channels
- North America
- Latin America
- East Asia
- South Asia
- Middle East and Africa
Key Questions Covered in the Cruelty-free makeup Market Report
- The market survey also highlights projected sales growth for cruelty-free makeup market between 2021 and 2031
- The report offers insight into cruelty-free makeup demand outlook for 2021-2031
- Cruelty-free makeup market share analysis of the key companies within the industry and coverage of strategies such as mergers & acquisitions, collaborations or partnerships, and others
- Cruelty-free makeup market analysis identifies key growth drivers, restraints, and other forces impacting prevailing trends and evaluation of current market size and forecast and technological advancements within the industry
Explore Fact.MR's Coverage on the Consumer Goods Domain –
Organic Color Cosmetic Products Market- Multiple advantages of organic color cosmetics over synthetic color cosmetics leads consumers to shift away from synthetic color cosmetics and towards organic color cosmetics. Key companies are investing considerably in improving their online presence and providing unique services for customers to assist them in selecting the best product for their needs and learning how to use it. As a result, the industry is expected to expand. Natural ingredients used in cosmetics and toiletries are in high demand, and this trend is expected to continue.
Premium Cosmetics Market- Consumer understanding of high-quality, premium components in cosmetics and their impact on skin and hair is a crucial factor in shifting consumer preferences away from mass-produced cosmetics and toward more premium alternatives. Such new premium goods are mostly geared at addressing issues like pigmentation, age spots, and acne, and will have a favorable impact on the worldwide premium cosmetics market's growth. To support the reputation of brand names, manufacturers are concentrating their efforts on areas such as pricing and product safety.
Vegan Beauty Products Market- Vegan beauty products are becoming increasingly popular, owing to rising consumer resistance to animal products for environmental and ethical grounds. Growing consumer demand for goods that address the aforementioned issue without sacrificing quality is propelling the vegan beauty products industry forward. An increasing number of people are adopting vegan lifestyles, which has prompted brands to join the vegan beauty bandwagon. Vegan beauty, which was formerly considered a niche notion, is now becoming more mainstream.
Fact.MR is a market research and consulting agency with deep expertise in emerging market intelligence. Spanning a wide range – from automotive & industry 4.0 to consumer goods, technology to even the most niche categories. 80% of Fortune 1000's trust us in critical decision making.
MarketNgage is powered by Fact.MR – our Unified Intelligence Engine, a revolutionary Market Research Subscription platform with a flexible pricing to suit your needs.
You can access all our consumer goods research reports by signing up with MarketNgage's Market Research Subscription with FREE credits. MarketNgage is powered by Fact.MR – A Fully integrated research solution for seamless single-window access Widest coverage on emerging markets, nascent products, and disruptive technologies.
US Sales Office
11140 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852
Tel: +1 (628) 251-1583
E: [email protected]