LOS ANGELES, March 14, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- With increased participation in Jewish heritage tours, luxury seafarer Crystal Cruises is expanding its related programming in 2011. Scheduled are over a dozen Crystal Adventures that explore Jewish life, past and present, around the world: in/near Mumbai, Miami, Copenhagen, Stockholm, Berlin, Hamburg, St. Petersburg, Rome, Dublin, Jerusalem/Ashdod, and Odessa.
Each tour gives an overview of a culture within a culture, while also providing intimate connection with spaces, exhibits, artifacts, traditions, and people that bring the international Jewish narrative to life. Among the highlights:
- St. Petersburg: Discover how this resilient Russian Jewish community survived Communist oppression, war, and hardship to flourish today, as demonstrated through its people, community centers, music, and an intimate home visit.
- Mumbai: Visit three synagogues, ranging from Baghdadi to Bene-Israel congregations.
- Copenhagen: Learn how 99% of Denmark's Jews survived the Holocaust, at the Museum of Danish Resistance.
- Dublin: Take in the social, legal, and political contributions of the Irish-Jewish community; see the first dedicated day school and home of Israeli ex-President Chaim Herzog.
- German Concentration Camps: Explore Neungamme, which housed 100,000 prisoners outside Hamburg, and Berlin's Sachsenhausen, which became the blueprint for all other camps.
- Rome: Walk through the 2000+ year-old Jewish Quarter of Rome.
While most 2012 excursions are still in development, Crystal is planning a Jewish heritage tour of Shanghai for its 2012 World Cruise.
"These experiences offer meaningful opportunity for education, understanding, and reflection, for Jews and non-Jews alike," says Vice President, Land and Port Operations John Stoll.
Crystal Cruises' passion for creating unique and impactful luxury shore-side experiences are cornerstones of its Crystal Adventures program, and have earned the line top ratings from international travelers for two decades.
The excursions, starting at $46 per person, are available as half-day or full-day adventures with the worldwide, value-rich itineraries aboard Crystal Symphony and Crystal Serenity. Cruise promotions include up to $2,000/couple "All Inclusive—As You Wish" spending credit, up to $8,000/couple Verandah and Penthouse savings, Fall Fare Sale, Crystal's Family Memories programs, and New-to-Crystal, Bring-a-Friend, and Crystal Society benefits. All cruises include free air from many North American gateways (or generous air credits).
For more information and Crystal reservations, contact a travel agent, call 888-799-4625 or visit www.crystalcruises.com.
CONTACT: Mimi Weisband or Susan Wichmann 310-203-4305, email@example.com
VISIT: Crystal's Media Center
SOURCE Crystal Cruises