KING OF PRUSSIA, Pa., Dec. 18, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- CSL Limited (ASX:CSL) has recorded another strong performance in corporate responsibility, delivering on its promise to responsibly achieve growth through the disciplined execution of its business strategy, investing in research and development to advance therapies for unmet medical needs, growing its core portfolio of products by expanding indications and markets, and through its commitment to productivity and efficiency.
CSL Limited CEO and Managing Director Paul Perreault emphasizes that corporate responsibility and sustainability are all about continuous improvement. "At CSL, we are motivated by the challenges and opportunities this brings. Tackling these with our stakeholders wherever we can makes the pursuit of sustainability even more rewarding."
CSL's economic, social and environmental achievements and challenges include:
- Economic contribution direct to local economies of US$5 billion, including global community investment of US$28.4 million to patient, biomedical and local communities;
- Research and Development investment of US$463 million; with 35 clinical studies in operation across its pipeline. Achieved 14 product registrations or new indications for serious diseases in various markets;
- 237 Good Manufacturing Practice regulatory audits of CSL's manufacturing facilities and plasma collection centres with no impact on the company's product marketing licences. Across an extensive portfolio of products, CSL responded to three safety related product recalls in the reporting period;
- A global workforce of 14,874 employees as of June 30 2015, representing a 10% increase over the previous year – this increase follows two consecutive years of 7% increases per annum;
- Health and safety performance saw lost time due to injury (LTIFR), days lost (DLFR) and serious injury/illness (SIIFR) reduce by 47%, 37% and 54% respectively, while the medical treatment incident rate (MTIFR) increased by 8%;
- Across global operations, CSL maintained compliance with all environmental laws and regulations, and with an expanding facility footprint, CSL experienced increases in total numbers across environmental indicators.
- Successful acquisition of the Novartis influenza vaccine business to form, Seqirus – the world's second largest influenza vaccine business.
In addition, this year CSL finalised an enterprise-wide climate change risk assessment concluding it is not exposed to climate change risks that have a potential to generate a substantive change in its business operations.
To view the complete "Our Corporate Responsibility 2014-2015" report, click here. CSL invites stakeholders to provide feedback on its report via an anonymous survey (https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/LPGGGNG).
CSL (ASX:CSL) is a leading global biotherapeutics company with a dynamic portfolio of life-saving innovations, including those that treat hemophilia and immune deficiencies, as well as vaccines to prevent influenza. Since our start in 1916, we have been driven by our promise to save lives using the latest technologies. Today, CSL — including our two businesses CSL Behring and Seqirus — operates in over 30 countries with more than 14,000 employees. Our unique combination of commercial strength, R&D focus and operational excellence enables us to identify, develop and deliver innovations so our patients can live life to the fullest.
SOURCE CSL Limited