WASHINGTON, July 28, 2016 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Today CTIA® announced 29 seed and growth-stage companies participating in the CTIA StartUp Lab 2016. The CTIA StartUp Lab connects wireless-focused companies with mobile industry leaders and corporate and venture capital investors.
Worldwide accelerator programs and CTIA member companies nominated CTIA StartUp Lab's 2016 participating companies, which represent 14 states and 4 countries. Finalists will fast pitch their products and services on CTIA Super Mobility's show floor Sept. 7-8 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
The startup finalists include (in alphabetical order):
- Advertising/Marketing/Retail – transforming how brands interact with customers
- Cyber/Safety/Social Impact – securing the connected lifestyle and leveraging mobile for greater good
- Internet of Things – making homes safer, offices more efficient and people healthier
- Transportation – helping travelers stay informed and reach destinations efficiently
- Video/Augmented Reality/Virtual Reality – experiencing the world in new ways using robust wireless broadband network connectivity
- Wireless – proposing solutions via wireless device software and hardware innovation
Winners of the CTIA StartUp Lab 2016 will be announced Sept. 8 on the Connected Life & StartUp Stage.
The CTIA StartUp Lab is made possible by the CTIA Innovation Council and invited advisors, generous sponsorships of iconectiv and Kelley Drye & Warren LLP, and in-kind support from f6s.com.
CTIA® (www.ctia.org) represents the U.S. wireless communications industry. With members from wireless carriers and their suppliers to providers and manufacturers of wireless data services and products, the association brings together a dynamic group of companies that enable consumers to lead a 21st century connected life. CTIA members benefit from its vigorous advocacy at all levels of government for policies that foster the continued innovation, investment and economic impact of America's competitive and world-leading mobile ecosystem. The association also coordinates the industry's voluntary best practices and initiatives and convenes the industry's leading wireless tradeshow. CTIA was founded in 1984 and is based in Washington, D.C.