Brand Reset Showcases First-ever Mobile Enterprise Focused Event
WASHINGTON, Aug. 14, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- CTIA-The Wireless Association® today announced MobileCON™ 2012, which focuses exclusively on mobile enterprise issues currently challenging a variety of industries. Debuting October 9-11, 2012 at the San Diego Convention Center, the MobileCON event is the next evolution of CTIA's previous Enterprise & Applications™ conference.
"Over the past few years, CTIA has been working toward giving our membership and industry the highly specialized events they want and need. MobileCON focuses exclusively on the mobile enterprise IT community, and brings together the industry leaders they want to hear from and exhibitors they need to meet," said Robert Mesirow, CTIA vice president and show director. "The show is specifically designed for wireless and IT professionals who are serious about enterprise mobility, networks and applications, regardless of their industry."
The more focused format of the recharged CTIA fall show addresses integral components of the enterprise ecosystem, including security, cloud, mCommerce, M2M and enterprise applications at a deeper breadth and depth than other user conferences. Session options including keynotes, roundtables, short-form talks and break-out sessions will focus on not only the headline-driving issues of the day, but drive deeper into the technical topics attendees must know. Some of the new features being introduced at MobileCON 2012 include:
- Enterprise Industry Spotlight—MobileCON 2012's format and focus will attract wireless and telecom leaders and professionals with the opportunity to significantly advance business opportunities and the potential to change the global wireless ecosystem.
- Attendee Driven Experience—Attendees have the flexibility to choose the learning format that best fits their needs—whether that's immersive through the deep dives or interactive and peer-to-peer through the three thought leadership stages on the exhibit floor. Attendees can set their agenda to drop into any session and format that interests them. This flexibility will better facilitate networking, learning and information gathering. This year's show will feature M2M, security, mobile commerce, enterprise applications, cloud computing and vertical markets.
- New High-Impact, Short-Form Speaker Sessions—MobileCON 2012 introduces Bit Talks featuring a compelling, diverse lineup of IT leaders from influential companies addressing discrete topics in 15-minute segments. Each Bit Talk will identify one primary problem to be anticipated, avoided or solved and include three things that were learned through the deployment or implementation experience.
- Diverse, Compelling Keynote Speakers—CTIA has sought a roster of world-class speakers from the private and public sectors. Representing the organizations currently driving mobile enterprise innovation, MobileCON's speaker lineup will start the conversations that will drive the industry's agenda moving forward. Confirmed keynote speakers include:
- Robin Bienfait, CIO of Research In Motion
- Scott Griffith, Chairman & CEO of Zipcar
- Sanjay Poonen, President of Technology & Innovation Products at SAP
- Steve Trilling, Chief Technology Officer of Symantec
- Bridget van Kralingen, SVP of Global Business Services at IBM
Early bird registration and rates are available for MobileCON 2012 through September 10, 2012. Media may pre-register online through October 4. Tickets and up-to-date event information can be found on MobileCON's website: http://www.mobilecon2012.com.
For more information on MobileCON 2012, visit http://www.mobilecon2012.com.
About CTIA Shows
CTIA Shows bring together all industries advanced by wireless technology for intense business, learning and networking. MobileCON 2012 takes place Oct. 9-11, 2012 at the San Diego Convention Center in San Diego and International CTIA WIRELESS® takes place May 21-23, 2013 at the Sands Expo & Convention Center in Las Vegas. Visit www.ctiashows.com.
CTIA–The Wireless Association® (www.ctia.org) is an international organization representing the wireless communications industry. Membership in the association includes wireless carriers and their suppliers, as well as providers and manufacturers of wireless data services and products. CTIA advocates on behalf of its members at all levels of government. The association also coordinates the industry's voluntary best practices and initiatives, and sponsors the industry's leading wireless tradeshows. CTIA was founded in 1984 and is based in Washington, D.C.
SOURCE CTIA-The Wireless Association