CLEVELAND, June 23, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Cub Cadet recently earned a Gold Stevie® Award — the highest honor at the prestigious 2014 American Business Awards(SM)— for New Product Marketing Introduction of the Year. The campaign taking top honors was the launch of the RZT™ S ZERO, the world's first fully electric zero-turn riding mower with four-wheel steering and steering wheel control.
Director of Marketing Jeff Salamon and Senior Marketing Communications Manager Emily Sword were presented with the trophy on stage with more than 400 in attendance Friday, June 13 at the American Business Awards' awards ceremony in Chicago. The ceremonies were also broadcast nationwide by the BizTalk Radio Network.
The American Business Awards are the nation's premier business awards program. A record number of more than 3,300 nominations from organizations of all sizes and in virtually every industry were submitted for consideration this year. Award winners were chosen by more than 240 executives worldwide. Other award winners include Yahoo, GE, Tractor Supply Company, AT&T and NASCAR, Inc.
With the win, the Cub Cadet RZT S ZERO is now in the running for a People's Choice Stevie Award for Favorite New Product. Voting is open to the general public beginning in July. Winners will be honored at The American Business Awards' new product and tech awards banquet in San Francisco in September. Follow Cub Cadet on Facebook or Twitter for updates on how and when to vote for the ZERO.
"To be selected as the top marketing campaign product launch in the country, across all industries, is gratifying," said Salamon at the event. "It's always a challenge to launch a new product, but to launch a product that creates a new category, one that is really the future of our industry, and do it in a way that turns people on to our brand is very rewarding. To be recognized for it is a thrill. We're very honored."
An extension of the proven, award-winning RZT S line of zero-turn riding mowers with four-wheel steering and steering wheel control, the launch of the RZT S ZERO centered around a message of "It's what you don't get that's most valuable." This reinforced the product's name as well as the "zero" benefits homeowners will enjoy – zero engine noise and maintenance, zero emissions, zero gas, zero oil, zero oil filters, zero belts, zero cumbersome lap bars and, most importantly, zero hassle. The product launched in select markets supported by highly-targeted media, test drive events and expertly-trained Cub Cadet dealers.
Resounding interest in the innovation of the ZERO brought with it national attention and honors such as appearances on the Today Show, The Weather Channel, USA Today, Huffington Post and many more. The ZERO has been the recipient of notable honors and recognition as it was awarded a 2013 Hearst Communications' Popular Mechanics Breakthrough Award and has been named a Consumer Electronics Show Innovations Design and Engineering Awards Honoree at the annual Las Vegas event. Consumers that test drove the ZERO were just as enthusiastic stating:
- "I can't believe how quiet it is, even with the blades on. The handling is extremely impressive."
- "I can mow at 6 a.m. and not disturb my neighbors."
- "You really can turn on a dime."
- "After driving this, I don't want anything else."
Highlights of the smart benefits the RZT S ZERO offers homeowners include:
- Convenience: With zero noise at start-up and amazingly quiet performance while cutting, the ZERO allows homeowners to mow at any time, day or evening, without disturbing neighbors.
- Stability: The only electric zero-turn rider with four-wheel steering and steering-wheel control — offering unmatched traction and stability on hills, allowing consumers to confidently mow on challenging terrain.
- Power: The ZERO's advanced direct drive power management system provides plenty of dependable, consistent power for a full 60 minutes of continuous cutting with no power fade. Just plug the battery in overnight, and the ZERO is charged and ready to go the next day.
- Results: An advanced cutting deck designed with optimum airflow and blade overlap delivers the beautiful results of the Cub Cadet Signature Cut™.
- Comfort: Features like cruise control, high-back adjustable Cub Comfort™ seat and SmartJet Deck Wash add to the exceptional experience of owning and operating a ZERO. The noise reduction of being electric-powered provides a more enjoyable and relaxing lawn mowing experience.
To get more details on the RZT S ZERO, see more of what people have to say and find out where to buy, visit www.cubcadet.com/zero .
About Cub Cadet
The leader in the outdoor power equipment industry, Cub Cadet engineers innovative, premium quality products. Through a dedicated and extensive network of dealers and retailers, Cub Cadet delivers a full line of high performance power equipment and services that cover all aspects of grounds care for professionals and homeowners – including the world's only 4-wheel steer zero-turn riders; lap bar zero-turn riders; utility vehicles; lawn & garden tractors, lithium ion- and gasoline-powered handheld & chore products; snow throwers and more. A global company based in the U.S., Cub Cadet is recognized worldwide for its legacy in engineering excellence and its progressive dedication to exceeding owner expectations by delivering on its promise of better products, a better experience and better results. For more information on all Cub Cadet products, visit www.CubCadet.com.
SOURCE Cub Cadet