SAN DIEGO, April 2, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Cubic Corporation (NYSE: CUB) today announced its Cubic Transportation Systems (CTS) business division will showcase connected car, road safety and traffic management innovations at Traffex 2019 in Birmingham, U.K. from April 2-4. Traffex is the U.K.'s largest and most established event for those involved in the highways sector. Taking place at the National Exhibition Centre (NEC), the event brings together traffic engineers, safety professionals and infrastructure planners to explore the latest products, technology advancements and services.
"Cubic's solutions and services draw on the strongest of our technologies from across our transportation-related sectors and respond to the real challenges facing the business of mobility and safety," said David Powell, head of delivery, ITS, Cubic Transportation Systems. "We look forward to presenting on critical topics relating to highways and transport as well as demonstrating our cutting-edge technologies at Traffex."
During the conference, Cubic will be presenting:
- Meeting the Challenges of Rural Roads – Special PresentationPresenter: Phil Storey, ITS Project Manager, CTSDate/Time: Thursday, April 4; 9:40 - 10:00 a.m. (local time)Location: Trading Floor Theater
- How I Got to Where I am – Future's Day ProgramPanelist: Krishna Desai, Marketing Manager, CTSDate/Time: Thursday, April 4; 11:45 a.m.-12:10 p.m. (local time)Location: The Highways & Transport Theater
Cubic will also be hosting workshops to explore the challenges which face the ITS industry in the U.K. today:
- Meeting the Challenges of Rural Roads Moderator: Phil Storey, Project Manager, CTSDate/Time: Wednesday, April 3; 9:00 - 10:00 a.m. (local time)Location: NEC Piazza Suite 3
- Covert In-Car EnforcementModerator: Dave Brown, Software Engineer, CTSDate/Time: Wednesday, April 3; 10:00 - 11:00 a.m. (local time)Location: NEC Piazza Suite 3
- Road User ChargingModerator: Ronnie Beggs, Regional Product Director of Europe, CTSDate/Time: Wednesday, April 3; 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. (local time)Location: NEC Piazza Suite 3
- Technology Shifts and the Emergence of MaaS – Impact on Local AuthoritiesModerator: David Powell, Head of Delivery, ITS, CTSDate/Time: Wednesday, April 3; 1:00 - 2:00 p.m. (local time)Location: NEC Piazza Suite 3
- Cubic Connected CarModerator: George Brown, Principal Systems Architect, CTSDate/Time: Wednesday, April 3; 2:00 - 3:00 p.m. (local time)Location: NEC Piazza Suite 3
- Connected Vehicles and Transport AuthoritiesModerator: George Brown, Principal Systems Architect, CTSDate/Time: Wednesday, April 3; 3:00 - 4:00 p.m. (local time)Location: NEC Piazza Suite 3
The following technologies will also be demonstrated at stand #C038:
- Cubic Transport Management Platform: a cloud-based, multimodal transport management and data integration solution that gives transport agencies the ability to effectively manage demand across their transport network and deliver information to travelers about events that may impact their journey.
- Cubic Connected Car: an innovative Connected Car architecture that uses existing equipment in production cars and standard 3G/4G communications to create an effective channel into the car to deliver guidance and information to drivers as they enter specified locations anywhere in the world.
- Cubic Road User Charging: Road User Charging Back Office solution is designed for multiagency use, while allowing each tolling entity to have control over its own business rules, revenue apportionment and general ledger. The solution lays a solid foundation for account-based payment processing and customer services across entire states or multistate regions for any number of agencies or types of operators.
- Cubic Safer Road Cameras: for many years Cubic has been actively helping all U.K. police forces and councils enforce the compliance of statutory speed limits and traffic signals while also changing attitudes toward safer driving and improved driver skills. Cubic will be demonstrating the latest camera technology with the ability to support an in-car enforcement solution.
About Cubic Corporation
Cubic is a technology-driven, market-leading provider of integrated solutions that increase situational understanding for transportation, defense C4ISR and training customers worldwide to decrease urban congestion and improve the militaries' effectiveness and operational readiness. Our teams innovate to make a positive difference in people's lives. We simplify their daily journeys. We promote mission success and safety for those who serve their nation. For more information about Cubic, please visit www.cubic.com or on Twitter @CubicCorp.
SOURCE Cubic Corporation