DENVER, Jan. 31, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- From active couples and mountain lovers to spa hounds and foodies, Colorado offers experiences that will bring out the Cupid in just about anyone this Valentine's Day.
The following are a sample of Valentine's Day packages in Colorado. For more inspiration visit www.colorado.com.
- Durango Mountain Resort doubles the romance with a Rocky Mountain Getaway built for two couples starting at only $69 per person/per night. The package includes two days of lift tickets and two nights lodging at Durango Mountain Resort. Plus couples can take "the plunge" on the Purgatory Plunge Zipline. www.durangomountainresort.com
- For couples that prefer snuggling over schussing, Denver's Hotel Teatro offers a "Red Hot Romance" package all throughout February, including a $100 gift certificate to SOL Lingerie, with transportation and a personal shopper; a bottle of Vueve-Clicquot and chocolate covered strawberries, rose petal turndown service, a $40 credit for in-room breakfast and late checkout. Rates from $419 per night. www.hotelteatro.com
- The Broadmoor in Colorado Springs offers a Valentine's Day package starting at $125 per person, including accommodations for two with suites offered at a 40 percent discount. The package also features a $50 breakfast credit for each night booked, 15 percent discount on select retail purchases and live music for packages booked for February 11 and 18. www.broadmoor.com
- The Glenwood Hot Springs Lodge offers an "Enchanted Evenings" package of which Cupid himself would approve. Couples will enjoy a Classic Swedish Massage and mineral bath for two at the Spa at the Rockies, as well as unlimited access to the world-famous Hot Springs Pool, champagne, daily breakfast and more. Rates from $175 per person/night, double occupancy. www.hotspringspool.com
- Experience Luxurious Love at The Brown Palace in Denver, where many romantic rendezvous have taken place over the years, from Ike and Mamie Eisenhower to the affairs of Isabelle "Sassy" Springer. Starting at $295 per night, enjoy luxurious accommodations, signature rose petal turndown, breakfast for two in Ellyngton's, two evening cocktails, complimentary valet parking and more. www.brownpalace.com
- The Lodge & Spa at Cordillera in Vail is offering a special package for the month of February starting at $279 per night. The package includes Mountain Deluxe King accommodations, breakfast for two daily, a welcome champagne amenity, and a Valentine's dinner on February 14. www.cordilleralodge.com
Contact: Carly Grimes / 720-289-9366, [email protected]
SOURCE Colorado Tourism Office