CHICAGO, Sept. 26, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Cushman & Wakefield, a global leader in commercial real estate services, has released its first-ever Global Corporate Responsibility Report, reinforcing its strong commitment to sustainability and environmental stewardship, the company announced today. Produced under the direction of the firm's Global Corporate Responsibility Governance Committee, the report describes the environmental, social, and governance directives planned for Cushman & Wakefield's corporate operations, and includes an Environmental Commitment, which structures the firm's sustainability goals.
The report, an overview of the firm's environmental and social impact globally in 2015, is being released a year following the historic merger between Cushman & Wakefield and DTZ in September 2015. It covers all of Cushman & Wakefield's operating regions globally – including the Americas, EMEA, Greater China, and APAC – and excludes affiliate office and supplier information.
- A comprehensive discussion of the firm's Ethics and Corporate Governance policies and procedures. To support its commitment to achieving and maintaining the highest level of ethical conduct and institutional integrity, the firm created a formal Ethics and Compliance Program in 2012, led by the Chief Ethics and Compliance Officer. The firm recently added more professionals to this program and appointed Regional Compliance Officers in all major operating regions.
- Insight into the company's procurement policies. Since the end of 2015, Cushman & Wakefield has made significant strides in reducing total cost of ownership, diversifying its supplier database, improving supplier performance, and ensuring the highest standards of ethical conduct. Cushman & Wakefield remains committed to further transforming its procurement processes and policies and has a defined roadmap and list of initiatives it plans to tackle over the next 18 months to ensure continued improvement.
- An overview of the firm's Global Energy & Sustainability Community of Practice (ESCoP), a worldwide network of Cushman & Wakefield professionals who regularly convene to share best practices.
- An overview of the firm's public policy engagement on climate change. While Cushman & Wakefield remains bipartisan in all matters of politics and governmental operations, the firm interacts with a variety of non-governmental organizations centered on the topic of climate change, including Real Estate Roundtable.
- Facts and figures regarding the firm's 43,000 employees across more than 60 countries globally and discussion of its industry-leading recruitment and emerging talents programs and its Health, Safety, Security and Environment Leadership team.
- A look at Cushman & Wakefield's commitment to seek out certified green buildings for its leased offices and to pursue recognized green building standards such as LEED and BREEAM for facilities larger than 20,000 square feet.
- In the United States, the firm maintains a centralized ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager account to support its strategy of ensuring properties prioritize and reduce energy usage. In the United Kingdom, the firm's efforts helped a client recover a six-figure energy cost refund, and similar efforts are now ongoing in other countries across Europe.
- The firm's corporate carbon footprint for 2015, which will be used to guide and benchmark Cushman & Wakefield's carbon reduction goals for its corporate operations in the future.
"Cushman & Wakefield recognizes the substantial impact buildings have on our environment," said John Santora, Global Chief Operating Officer and Chief Integration Officer for Cushman & Wakefield. "The Global Corporate Responsibility Report demonstrates our overarching commitment to being responsible stewards of our communities, lockstep partners to our employees, and a good corporate citizen. As our inaugural report, this vital document will serve as a benchmark for our future performance."
"This report is an important step in the area of corporate responsibility," said Veena Muthusamy, Manager of Corporate Responsibility for Cushman & Wakefield. "We look forward to continuing the momentum of our award-winning programs that grow and support environmental sustainability and energy management, governance, health and safety, ethics, procurement, diversity, Veterans' support, community, and other areas of business and life critical to well-being."
About Cushman & Wakefield
Cushman & Wakefield is a leading global real estate services firm that helps clients transform the way people work, shop, and live. Our 43,000 employees in more than 60 countries help investors and occupiers optimize the value of their real estate by combining our global perspective and deep local knowledge with an impressive platform of real estate solutions. Cushman & Wakefield is among the largest commercial real estate services firms with revenue of $5 billion across core services of agency leasing, asset services, capital markets, facility services (C&W Services), global occupier services, investment & asset management (DTZ Investors), project & development services, tenant representation, and valuation & advisory. To learn more, visit www.cushmanwakefield.com or follow @CushWake on Twitter.
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the "Securities Act") and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended (the "Exchange Act"), including statements regarding our expectations, beliefs, intentions or strategies regarding the future. We intend that such forward-looking statements be subject to the safe-harbor provided by the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. The forward-looking information is based upon current information and expectations regarding Cushman & Wakefield. These estimates and statements speak only as of the date on which they are made, are not guarantees of future performance, and involve certain risks, uncertainties and assumptions that are difficult to predict. Cushman & Wakefield assumes no obligation to update the information contained in this press release. We caution that these statements are qualified by important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those reflected by the forward looking statements herein.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/cushman--wakefield-releases-inaugural-global-corporate-responsibility-report-300333997.html
SOURCE Cushman & Wakefield