DFW AIRPORT, Texas, Jan. 27, 2015 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Passengers traveling through Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) International Airport can live "Healthy + Happy" in 2015 by taking advantage of more nutritious culinary options and healthy living amenities than ever before. The Airport's "Healthy + Happy" campaign was created to support customers who strive to maintain a healthy lifestyle, even while traveling.
"The inability to eat healthy and maintain one's normal wellness routine ranks among the highest stresses that airport travelers face," said Ken Buchanan, executive vice president of revenue management at DFW Airport. "Our 'Healthy + Happy' health and wellness campaign allows DFW customers unique and easily accessible options to unwind, relax, alleviate stress, and maintain a healthy lifestyle every time they travel through DFW."
As part of the campaign, every one of DFW's more than 150 restaurants offers at least one low-calorie, low-fat, low-sodium, cholesterol-free, plant-based, or high-in-fiber entrée or menu item. Examples include:
- Cereality (C6) – Steel-cut oatmeal bowls with fresh fruit;
- Ling & Louie's (A13) – Buddha's Feast with wok'd asparagus, green beans, mushrooms, and red onions with a hint of Thai basil;
- Grand Met (Grand Hyatt Hotel; Connected to Terminal D) - Garden pasta with market greens, roasted butternut squash, mushrooms, and chili flakes;
- Urban Taco (C22) – Roasted corn and lime taco with poblano peppers, onions, cilantro, and black beans;
- Dunkin' Donuts (A13, B43, D22, and E6) – Egg White & Reduced-fat Cheese on a Wheat English Muffin
- East Side Mario's (A38) – Mariboli veggie wrap
DFW also features numerous options for retail therapy with world-class shopping options inside all five terminals offering unique gift items to help maintain a healthy lifestyle. Examples include:
- Benefit Cosmetics (A13, C27, and D21) – POREfessional primer
- Teavana (A17) – Matcha Japanese green tea leaves
- Geppetto's Toys (A15) – Little Jumpers Trampoline
- Sound Balance (A11 and E33) – Solar mobile phone charger
Lastly, DFW has implemented dozens of amenities that promote health and wellness and improve the travel experience throughout its five terminals. For those in-need of a quick retreat, Minute Suites (D23) offers a relaxing venue where passengers can rent private suites and recharge with daybeds, office workstations, showers and other comforts. For passengers looking for a luxurious atmosphere of peace and tranquility, XpresSpa (D20, D24) enables travelers to relax with services such as massages, manicures, pedicures, and more. Those in need of inner peace can find it at one of DFW's four Interfaith Chapels (A21, B28, D21 and C4), the full-service Yoga Studio (D40), or by walking the one-mile LiveWell Walking Path (D6 through D40), which is endorsed by the American Heart Association and is marked with beautiful mosaic tile floor medallions.
For customers whose stress reducers include staying connected, DFW offers an abundance of complimentary technology facilities and services. Examples include:
- Free Wi-Fi Internet access located throughout the entire Airport, courtesy of AT&T (select "attwifi");
- Six Travel Lounges inside Terminals A, B, C and E that welcome travelers with warm lighting, lounge and workstation seating, and power outlets at every seat;
- Twelve Power / Work Stations inside Terminals A, C, D and E that provide free power (including USB charge ports) and data ports that are connected to high-speed wired Internet access; and,
- Free Internet kiosks scattered throughout the Airport's five terminals.
- Power outlets (AC and USB) located in seating clusters and workstations in gate waiting areas throughout the Airport.
For more information, visit www.DFWAirport.com/HealthyOptions.
About Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) International Airport
Located halfway between the cities of Dallas and Fort Worth, Texas, Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (DFW) is the world's third busiest, hosting 1,850 flights a day and serving more than 62 million customers a year. DFW Airport provides nonstop service to 148 domestic and 55 international destinations. A major economic driver for the Dallas/Fort Worth region, DFW Airport generates about $32 billion in economic impact each year. For the latest news, real-time flight information, parking availability, or further details regarding the many services provided at DFW International Airport, visit www.DFWAirport.com or download the Official DFW Airport Mobile App for Apple iOS, Android or Blackberry devices.
(re)defining DFW International Airport
DFW International Airport's $2.69 billion Terminal Renewal and Improvement Program (TRIP) is (re)defining first class for this global gateway. For the latest details regarding TRIP, log on to www.dfwairport.com/redefine.
SOURCE DFW International Airport