SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, Calif., March 2, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- CytomX, a biotechnology company developing Probody™ therapeutics for the treatment of cancer, today announced the creation of scientific and clinical advisory boards comprised of leading researchers and clinicians in the fields of cancer immunotherapy and antibody drug conjugates.
The new advisory boards will provide guidance to CytomX on the development of its wholly owned pipeline of precision immunotherapies and Probody drug conjugates. The company identified advisors who have led significant advances in their respective fields, both in the research and clinical settings. These advisory boards will augment the company's existing platform scientific advisory board, which will remain focused on continued development of the Probody technology platform.
"Our Probody technology enables a wide array of therapeutic antibody modalities, including immunotherapies, Probody drug conjugates, bispecifics and engineered T-cell therapies. We are excited to be working with such accomplished advisors as we move our proprietary pipeline towards the clinic," said Sean McCarthy, D. Phil., chief executive officer of CytomX. "Our advisory boards will be instrumental in helping us design translational clinical strategies to achieve proof of concept for our highly differentiated programs."
Immunotherapy Advisory Board
- Holbrook Kohrt, M.D., Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Medicine, Stanford University Medical Center
- Antoni Ribas, M.D., Ph.D., Professor of Medicine, Hematology/Oncology, University of California, Los Angeles
- Jeffrey Weber, M.D., Ph.D., Director, Donald A. Adam Comprehensive Melanoma Research Center, Moffitt Cancer Center
Antibody Drug Conjugate Advisory Board
- K.C. Nicolaou, Ph.D., Harry C. and Olga K. Wiess Professor of Chemistry, Rice University
- Louis Weiner M.D., Director, Georgetown Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Daniel Von Hoff , M.D., Physician-in-Chief and Distinguished Professor at the Translational Genomics Research Institute (TGen)
About CytomX Therapeutics
CytomX Therapeutics develops Probody™ therapeutics for the treatment of cancer. Probodies are masked antibodies that remain inert in healthy tissue but are activated specifically in the disease microenvironment. The Probody approach is designed to blunt systemic toxicities associated with antibodies and expand the therapeutic window of these drugs, unlocking new therapeutic targets. The Company is initially focusing this highly innovative platform to discover and develop new immunotherapy and antibody drug conjugate therapies to treat areas of major unmet medical need in oncology. CytomX has attracted multiple strategic collaborations with industry-leading pharmaceutical companies including Pfizer Inc., ImmunoGen and Bristol-Myers Squibb. CytomX is led by a seasoned and proven management team and is financed by leading life science investors, including Third Rock Ventures, Canaan Partners, Roche Venture Fund and Pfizer Venture Investments. For more information, please visit www.cytomx.com.
SOURCE CytomX Therapeutics