FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif., Aug. 1, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- D-Link today announced the immediate availability of its newest EXO Series Router, the AC2600 MU-MIMO Wi-Fi Router (DIR-882). The AC2600 EXO router delivers premium performance for 4K HD streaming, gaming and multiple device usage. The new router is packed with a number of premium features and provides the perfect combination of performance and ease of use.
The AC2600 EXO router features amazing dual-band speeds of up to 2,533 Mbps1, a high performance dual-core processor for powerful wired and wireless network speeds, and AC SmartBeam technology which tracks connected devices for enhanced Wi-Fi speed and range. The AC2600 EXO router also features USB 3.0 and 2.0 ports for establishing a private storage to stream videos, photos, music, and files throughout the home. In addition, the router includes the latest MU-MIMO (Multi-User Multiple Input Multiple Output) technology, which provides a high-bandwidth Wi-Fi signal to multiple devices at the same time.
"The AC2600 EXO router is hands-down the fastest router in our lineup this year and is specifically designed for 4K streamers and gamers," said Oscar Reyes, vice president of marketing, D-Link Systems, Inc. "This router offers users the ability to maintain the strongest Wi-Fi signal on multiple devices at one time – whether streaming, gaming, surfing the web, or working from home, this is the router to rely on."
The AC2600 EXO router supports up to four data streams to maximize connection speeds to multiple devices simultaneously. Users can play an online video game on one device, while streaming 4K HD videos to another device at the same time, all with less buffering and lag for an optimal user experience throughout a home. The AC2600 EXO router also supports the latest 160 MHz bandwidth, doubling the throughput on support devices to help ensure the fastest possible speeds and to optimize intense data transfer. The combination of these features makes the router ideal for 4K HD streaming and lag-free online gaming.
More about the AC2600 EXO MU-MIMO Wi-Fi Router (DIR-882):
- Dual Band Wi-Fi Performance – Up to 800 + 1733 Mbps in 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz
- Powerful Dual-Core Processor – Boosts wireless and wired performance
- MU-MIMO Ready – Delivers maximum speed for each device
- 4 x 4 Data Streams – Supports 4 data streams for increased throughput
- 80/160 MHz Support – Double bandwidth for intensive data transfer
- USB 3.0/2.0 Port – Remotely stream stored music, movies, photos, and more
- High Power Antenna – Wider coverage throughout a home
- QoS – Prioritize network traffic for seamless streaming and gaming
- DLNA Support – Compatible with DLNA supportive media players, game consoles and TVs
- Advanced AC SmartBeam – Tracks connected devices for enhanced Wi-Fi speed and range
- Gigabit WAN and LAN Ports – Maximizes performance of wired devices like gaming consoles and desktop computers for the ultimate gaming multi-media experience
Availability and Pricing
The AC2600 EXO MU-MIMO Wi-Fi Router (DIR-882) is available now for $149.99 through D-Link's vast network of retail and e-tail partners. Detailed specifications are available online at D-Link's website.
D-Link is the global leader in connectivity for home, small business, mid- to large-sized enterprise environments, and service providers. An award-winning designer, developer, and manufacturer, D-Link implements and supports unified network solutions that integrate capabilities in switching, wireless, broadband, storage, IP Surveillance, and cloud-based network management. For more information visit us.dlink.com, or connect with D-Link on Facebook, Twitter and D-Link's Blog.
1 Maximum wireless signal rate derived from IEEE 802.11ac specifications. Actual data throughput will vary. Network conditions and environmental factors, including volume of network traffic, building materials and construction, and network overhead, lower actual data throughput rate. Environmental factors may adversely affect wireless signal range.
D-Link, mydlink, and the D-Link logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of D-Link Corporation or its subsidiaries. All other third-party marks mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective owners. Copyright © 2017. D-Link. All Rights Reserved