FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif., Sept. 21, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- D-Link, the cost-effective, standards-based unified networking solutions provider for small business and medium enterprise IT environments, today announced the D-Link® DAP-2565 AirPremier® N Dual Band PoE Access Point with Plenum-Rated Chassis powered by CloudCommand™, designed for indoor plenum deployment in above-ceiling airspace installations. The new Cloud-Managed solution provides small and medium-sized businesses, as well as K-12 and hospitality environments, with a secure, reliable and affordable way to manage their networks.
As a new member of the D-Link Cloud-Managed Access Point family, the DAP-2565 delivers business-grade features at a lower cost than other enterprise solutions, including flexible IEEE 802.11n performance(1), Power Over Ethernet (PoE) support(2) for installation in areas where power outlets are not readily available, and secure guest access and control privileges for individual users. The DAP-2565 also utilizes CloudCommand, which allows end users and value-added resellers (VARs) and managed service providers (MSPs) to easily and quickly set up, secure and remotely manage high-performance wireless networks with multiple access points through a Cloud portal, saving significant time and resources. In addition, the DAP-2565's plenum-rated metal chassis meets specific requirements to be flame retardant and have low smoke production for placement in air passageways.
"Purchasing and managing a secure enterprise-class Cloud solution can often be a daunting task for small and medium-sized businesses due to limited IT resources," said Joe Melfi, product manager, Cloud Business Solutions, D-Link Systems, Inc. "However, the DAP-2565 Access Point, along with D-Link's entire family of Cloud-Managed solutions, meets the needs of these small business environments, offering unsurpassed performance, robust security and central management capabilities at an affordable price."
Key features and benefits of the DAP-2565 Access Point include:
- Plenum-rated for above-ceiling airspace installation
- Selectable dual band 2.4/5Ghz for flexible IEEE 802.11n performance up to 300Mbps(1)
- Integrated 802.3af PoE(2) support
- Secure, segregated guest access and control privileges for each user
- Central management capabilities to improve uptime and cost-effectiveness
- Includes one-year subscription to CloudCommand Cloud service
D-Link Delivers on Flexibility and Affordability
D-Link unified networking solutions offer a range of capabilities to satisfy small and medium-sized business requirements for scalability, reliability, and performance with lower initial and ongoing costs. D-Link solutions also support industry standards for interoperability in multi-vendor environments. As such, through D-Link's superior economic model, businesses can take advantage of affordable Cloud-based solutions that deliver high-end features without being locked into expensive and proprietary hardware, software or service requirements
Pricing & Availability
The DAP-2565 is available for $615.99 MSRP with a one-year Cloud Service subscription and renewal price of $99.99 MSRP per year for each Access Point. D-Link's Cloud Managed solutions are currently available in the U.S. and are sold through D-Link's vast network, including value-added resellers, solutions providers and distributors.
Detailed specifications for D-Link's Cloud Solutions are available at www.dlink.com.
Celebrating its 25th anniversary in 2011, D-Link is the global leader in connectivity for home, small business, mid- to large-sized enterprise environments, and service providers. An award-winning designer, developer and manufacturer, D-Link implements and supports unified network solutions that integrate capabilities in switching, wireless, broadband, storage, IP Surveillance, and cloud-based network management. For more information visit www.dlink.com or connect with D-Link on Facebook (www.facebook.com/dlink) and Twitter (www.twitter.com/dlink).
D-Link and the D-Link logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of D-Link Corporation or its subsidiaries. All other third party marks mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective owners. Copyright © 2011 D-Link. All Rights Reserved.
(1) Maximum wireless signal rate derived from IEEE Standard 802.11 specifications. Actual data throughput will vary. Network conditions and environmental factors, including volume of network traffic, buildings materials and construction, and network overhead, lower actual data throughput rate. Environmental factors will adversely affect wireless signal range. Wireless range and speed rates are D-Link RELATIVE performance measurements based on the wireless range and speed rates of a standard Wireless G product from D-Link. Maximum throughput based on D-Link Wireless N devices.
(2) Requires 802.3af compliant switch port.