FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif., Aug. 10, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- D-Link today announced the new Wireless PoE Outdoor Access Point (DAP-3320). Available now, the DAP-3320 is built to withstand outdoor environments, and expands the coverage and signal strength of any wireless network. Offering a high output power design, Power over Ethernet (PoE) support, extensive manageability, versatile operation modes, and solid security enhancements, the Wireless PoE Outdoor Access Point provides small- to medium-sized business and enterprise environments with a business-class solution for deploying a wireless network.
Equipped with high-performance 802.11n wireless connectivity, the DAP-3320 delivers wireless signal rates of up to 300 mbps1 using the 2.4 GHz band, and a built-in 2dBi omni antenna2 ensures the wireless signal will cover a wide area. The Wireless PoE Outdoor Access point can be used as a wireless bridge for an outdoor IP camera – removing the need for expensive cabling and trenching. In addition, the DAP-3320 is able to support a large number of wireless clients due to its processing power and support for 802.11n, making it ideal for demanding business applications such as schools, office buildings, hospitals, government facilities, and more. The Wireless PoE Outdoor Access point also offers advanced security features, including WPA/WPA2, wireless LAN segmentation and VLAN support, and is powered by PoE for convenient installation, especially in places where a power supply is not reliable or power cables are not available or easily installed.
"As businesses, schools and hospitals have more and more mobile users in their facilities every day, there is a greater need to upgrade wireless networks to provide more bandwidth to handle the demands of additional clients," said Oscar Reyes, associate vice president of marketing, D-Link Systems, Inc. "Whether you want to connect additional wireless devices, such as smartphones or laptops, or bring connectivity to networks separated by short distances, the DAP-3320 is a low cost, high-performance solution in an aesthetically pleasing housing for ceiling and wall mount applications."
More About the DAP-3320:
- High-Performance Connectivity: 2.4 GHz 802.11n wireless connectivity with up to 300 Mpbs wireless throughput1
- Built-In 2 dBi Omni Antenna: Ensures the wireless signal will cover a wide area2
- Network Control: Supports up to 8 SSIDs, allowing administrators to logically divide the access point into several virtual access points all within a single hardware platform for increased flexibility and reduced costs
- Flexible Deployment Options: Features four operation modes, allowing it to adapt to any situation – Access Point (AP), Wireless Distribution System (WDS) with Access Point, WDS Bridge, or Wireless Client
- Robust Security Tools: Supports 64/128-bit WEP encryption and WPA/WPA2 security functions, as well as MAC Address Filtering to control user access and the Disable SSID Broadcast function to limit outsiders' access to the internal network
- D-Link Central WiFi Manager: For advanced network management, administrators can use the D-Link Central WiFi Manager to configure and manage multiple access points from a single location, including conducting regular maintenance checks remotely, eliminating the need to send out personnel to verify proper operation
- Waterproof IP55 Standard: Built to withstand outdoor environments3
- Power Saving Mode: Turns off wireless functionality when it isn't needed
- Convenient Installation: 802.3af PoE enables installation in hard-to-reach locations4
Availability and Pricing
The Wireless PoE Outdoor Access Point (DAP-3320) is currently available for $159.99 MSRP with a limited lifetime warranty5 through D-Link's vast network of channel partners, including value-added resellers and distributors and online retailers. More information is available online at www.dlink.com.
D-Link is the global leader in connectivity for home, small business, mid- to large-sized enterprise environments, and service providers. An award-winning designer, developer, and manufacturer, D-Link implements and supports unified network solutions that integrate capabilities in switching, wireless, broadband, storage, IP Surveillance, and cloud-based network management. For more information visit us.dlink.com, or connect with D-Link on LinkedIn (http://www.linkedin.com/company/d-link), Spiceworks (http://community.spiceworks.com/networking/d-link) and the D-Link Blog (http://businessblog.us.dlink.com/).
D-Link and the D-Link logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of D-Link Corporation or its subsidiaries. All other third-party marks mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective owners. Copyright © 2016 D-Link. All Rights Reserved.
1 Maximum wireless signal rate derived from IEEE Standard 802.11g, and 802.11n specifications. Actual data throughput will vary. Network conditions and environmental factors, including volume of network traffic, building materials and construction, and network overhead, lower actual data throughput rate. Environmental factors will adversely affect wireless signal range.
2 Maximum power output varies in each country depending on local power regulations.
3 IP55 standard effective against low pressure jets of water from all directions without harmful effects. It is recommended to place this device under a roof, shelter or in weather-proof box when in severe weather environment.
4 Power supply is not included. To power the device, use a D-Link PoE switch or the D-Link DPE-301GI PoE injector (sold separately).
5 Limited Lifetime Warranty available only in USA.
All references to speed are for comparison purposes only. Product specification, size and shape are subject to change without notice, and actual product appearance may differ from that depicted.