ASPEN, Colo., June 30, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Treasury Secretary Jacob J. Lew will be in conversation with New York Times' David Leonhardt at 5:30pm MDT / 7:30pm EDT today at the Aspen Institute's Greenwald Pavilion. Live video of the discussion will be available at http://www.youtube.com/user/AspenInstitute?v=MPfqRIeOU9A.
Additional Live Video from the Aspen Ideas Festival Today:
- 10:20am MDT / 12:20pm EDT – What's Holding Back Medical Progress?
Margaret A. Hamburg, Anthony Coles, Elliot Gerson, Moncef Slaoui, Kenneth L. Davis
- 12:00pm MDT / 2:00pm EDT – "Nest": Controlling Your World and Saving Ours
Tony Fadell, Jerry Murdock
- 12:00pm MDT / 2:00pm EDT – A Seismic Shift in Our Schools: College Prep, Career Readiness, and the Common Core Revolution
John E. Deasy, Lynda Resnick, Joel Klein, Eric Cantor
- 2:40pm MDT / 4:40pm EDT – Will Massively Open Online Courses Transform the Way We Learn?
Andrew Ng, Anant Agarwal, Shirley Ann Jackson, Andrea Mitchell
- 4:15pm MDT / 6:15pm EDT – Gay Marriage in America: What Does the Supreme Court Decision Mean?
David Boies, Jeffrey Rosen
- 4:15pm MDT / 6:15pm EDT – Designing the Human Interface
Tony Fadell, Dave Morin, Yves Behar, Mike McCue, John Doerr
A full schedule of live streams is available here: http://www.aspenideas.org/live-now.
Video from the start of the festival available here: http://www.aspenideas.org/latest-video. Transcripts of select sessions are available here: http://www.aspenideas.org/content/2013-transcripts.
Also, catch today's episode of The Aspen Institute Presents, broadcast from the Aspen Ideas Festival, exclusively on public television's WORLD Channel (worldchannel.org) at 9:00pm ET. This episode will be available online a few hours before broadcast for media using the following link and password: http://vimeopro.com/user5686209/the-aspen-institute-presents2, password: worldaspen.
Quotes from the Festival Yesterday:
"Reality shows tend to be very dishonest. If they did it in a different business they could probably be arrested." —James L. Brooks
"Stopping gun violence takes courage, courage to do what's right, courage to take on new ideas. Now is the time to come together, be responsible—Democrats, Republicans, everyone. We must never stop fighting. Fight, fight, fight, be bold, be courageous—the nation is counting on you." —Gabrielle Giffords
"When people ask, 'Where do you see yourself in five years?' I don't have a good answer because I don't think about things that way. And because those things never come true." —Dick Costolo
"For the kids who were brought here as minors, surely we should have the compassion to say these kids shouldn't be kids without a country; we ought to allow them the life they deserve." —Eric Cantor
"The Fourth Amendment is a growth industry for the Supreme Court. We're going to have many of these cases." —Elena Kagan
The Ideas Report on TheAtlantic.com
More Festival coverage is also available from The Atlantic, which produces the Aspen Ideas Festival in partnership with the Aspen Institute. The Atlantic's "Ideas Special Report" includes:
- Video from the Aspen Ideas Festival
- A "Today at Aspen" photo gallery
- An #AspenIdeas Twitter feed
- Blog posts highlighting ideas from all sections of TheAtlantic.com, and responses to a new question they put to their readers each day.
Full schedule available here. Full-session video and clips will be featured on the Aspen Institute's YouTube channel, on www.AspenIdeas.org, iTunesU, and on the Aspen Institute's video channel. Follow the Ideas Festival on Facebook, Tumblr, and Twitter at @aspenideas with the hashtag #AspenIdeas.
SOURCE Aspen Ideas Festival