- Real-world and physiological return-to-work durations
- Predictive modeling of return-to-work durations
- Medical monographs for clinician reference and patient education
- State treatment guidelines for workers' compensation
- Leave of Absence Advisor™, a resource for easy navigation of -- and best practices expertise for -- FMLA, state, and other job-protected leave laws
Jon Seymour, MD, Reed Group President, Guidelines, says, "DataCare has done a phenomenal job with the comprehensive integration of MDGuidelines into their software system. This tool gives return-to-work stakeholders the functionality they need to achieve better outcomes, reduce costs, and help employees return to their normal productive endeavors."
According to Dr. Douglas Benner, Chief Medical Officer at EK Health, who provided medical oversight to the DataCare development team, "DataCare's integration with Reed Group is part of a growing trend to put easy-to-use predictive modeling tools in the hands of nurses and physicians. This will enable them to employ return-to-work guidelines that are more closely tailored for each patient based on factors such as age, job class, and the presence of additional (co-morbid) health conditions."
According to Denise Glessner, Director of Managed Care at Total Managed Care, who has implemented the new software, "DataCare's enhanced RTW capabilities will help us achieve our mission of providing fast, effective treatment for injured workers."
Return-to-work guidelines from the Reed Group are based on the world's deepest database of millions of disability cases and covering over 1,300 medical topics, many of which cover multiple diagnoses or procedures. They are the result of rigorous statistical analysis and the up-to-the-minute clinical expertise of leading physicians.
MDGuidelines provides the most trusted and highest quality return-to-work data on the market with:
- A robust tool data set for managing disabilities including definitions, diagnosis and prognosis, rehabilitation, disability durations, and restrictions and accommodations for over 5,000 of the top disabling conditions
- The deepest and highest quality data
- The most reliable recommended disability durations
- Superior user interface for administrative savings
- Consistent and defendable return-to-work recommendations
Mike Allen, Director of Business Development at DataCare, says, "We are committed to bringing our clients the most advanced tools that help them provide injured workers with timely and effective treatment. As a result of our work with Reed Group, our clients can now seamlessly integrate the most recently updated versions of disability durations, predictive recommendations, and referential content into their case managers' workflow."
About DataCare Corporation (http://www.datacare.com)
Headquartered in San Jose, California, DataCare software supports evidence-based treatment decisions with defensible supporting documentation for workers' compensation claims. DataCare supports the highly specialized workflows for workers' compensation claims management, case management, utilization review, and bill review systems. DataCare's web-based solutions enable reviewers to be twice as productive as those using legacy paper-based workflows, and offer managers much better visibility into status, quality, and workload issues.
About Reed Group
Reed Group® is the world's most trusted source of return-to-work information, helping companies improve employee absence outcomes. Reed Group's data, tools, customized solutions, and case management services help reduce absence incidence and duration, and get employees back to normal, healthy lives and full productivity. Reed Group is headquartered in Westminster, Colorado. More information at http://www.reedgroup.com and http://www.mdguidelines.com.
For more information, contact:
SOURCE DataCare Corporation